• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it me or are CBers cheaper than hams?

No Hobie , It's just too
much maple syrup an cheese where your from. Besides insult someone @ a yard sale in Vermont your liable to get Shot ! Haaa !!

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

When/if I am looking at an old radio, I do get cheap. You bet ____ ___. Because I will undoubtedly have to replace all of the electrolytic caps and other parts, as well as align it. My time is worth something too. Not to mention the abundance of these radios and fewer takers.

I was at a local Ham fest last year and Hams are every bit as cheap as CBers.
Having more money sure as hell doesn't make anyone less stingy.......they got their money, in part, by being as tight as dick's hat band.
At the last ham fest I attended, one seller had a nice NOS Yaesu YS-60 and had a price of $125 on it........I witnessed offers of $50 and $75.
I have met CBers and Hams both with more fingers than teeth......but Hams do tend to have more money.

Most Hams are the cheapest sob's I have ever met. The reason they have more money is their kid have no shoes, no new clothes, house is broken down, car is a beater, dental hygiene is something they never heard of, 10 day old meat is perfectly good to eat and etc..... wait do I fall into at least one of those?... oh wait no I don't whew...
There are some very rich hams, google K3LR (it's ok he wants you to) but most hams and CBer's are just pain folk.

No Hobie , It's just too
much maple syrup an cheese where your from. Besides insult someone @ a yard sale in Vermont your liable to get Shot ! Haaa !!

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Yea, no kidding! "Chease is EXTRA" you know? Always!

Well,

Been a licensed Amateur since 1955 (59 years)..........

I've met, known, been around, seen at Hamfests some

cheap cheap, brutally cheap HAMS...............jus sayin................

I have been to hamfests and seen too many people spend far too much money on junk simply because of the nameplate and without regard to the actual condition of the gear. Extremes at both ends of the scale I guess.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh no! A radio operator with a badge!
Because cb radios are easily had for way less,Billy Joe Bob down the road who's living on a meager portion of income can add his voice to the din that's already on 11 meters.
I personally don't like to get too close to a lot of CB'ers in general because most of them are not the folk I hang with. I do however have a few cb buddies that share some common virtues as I do.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.