• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is it safe to spray DeoxIT into relays?

jtrouter

Jul 7, 2015
Hello all
I am trying to restore a 12/74 PAL 351bdx and when i hook it up to a antenna there is no signal passing thru.
If i follow the schematic it should run thru a few legs of a relay so my first thought is to spray it out real good.
First a quick background the amp came out of a garage where it has sat for over 30 years and it was COVERED
in dust and a bit of dirt, Using a compressor and air gun along with a nylon brush i cleaned it and now it looks
almost like new, But i assume the relays have the same dust and dirt on the contacts,
So is it safe to spray it out? It would be a huge pain to unsolder it to run dollar bills thru it.
Thank you for reading and and hope for your replies.

Aren't relay contacts gold plated? No need to spray anything.
If contact is bad it means gold layer is gone and relay should be replaced.

It will leave some residue just so you know.It does NOT 100% evaporate so dust will stick to it but it's good stuff.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated