• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Lester’s a reputable place?

I’m looking to make a radio purchase and was wondering if Lester’s and his work is reputable?

I have purchased two radios from him. Both purchased more than two years or more ago. They operate just fine and haven't had any issues with either of them.
Both radios are Stryker SR955's, both are in a couple of the trucks that I have.
Folks either like him and his products, or they don't ........
I would purchase from him again if I was looking for the type of radios he sells.
Now to clarify, I did not purchase all the bells and whistles accessory options that go along with the radios.

I’m looking at the President Richard. Just wanted it peaked, tuned, aligned, freq conversion.
Although I haven’t done an 11 meter conversion on that particular radio, the mod info I’ve seen consists of soldering a single jumper wire to get a wide verity of bands. Forget about someone doing a so called “peek and tune.” That radio was designed to cover a very wide frequency range as is. The golden tweaker crowd won’t find any pots or can adjustments inside to screw up on that model, and I wouldn’t suggest anyone spreading or compressing any coils either. I would simply ask the dealer to add that jumper, nothing more. Other than that, it’s good to go.

I have purchased two radios from him. Both purchased more than two years or more ago. They operate just fine and haven't had any issues with either of them.
Both radios are Stryker SR955's, both are in a couple of the trucks that I have.
Folks either like him and his products, or they don't ........
I would purchase from him again if I was looking for the type of radios he sells.
Now to clarify, I did not purchase all the bells and whistles accessory options that go along with the radios.

I have a Magnum 1 I bought used that was done by him. It's a great radio. My own observations from his video's is he is very proud of his work. He loves his hot glue gun. and his watt meter is very very very generous.

Reactions: Eldorado828
Lester isn't out to defraud anyone. He'll deliver what he shows, in my experience.

He is all about "added value". Or, maybe "added price".

You'll have to decide whether or not his enhancements are worth what they add to the radio's sale price.

A comparison between what he wants for a particular model and what a discount dealer charges will reveal how "proud" he is of his added "value".

But that's his specialty. Plain-Jane stock radios are not.

He's an upstanding dude. He has a wealth of knowledge and training. He's an honest man trying to make a buck, but he isn't gonna screw you over. I trust him. I bought an old NOS radio from him years ago. I can't remember what it was, but it developed an issue. He fixed it up for me and was very reasonable. We even chatted about our military exploits.

I have a Galaxy 959 B that he did that I bought like new from someone. It has a never ending expansion kit installed and a few other upgrades. The radio is awesome. Has worked flawlessly for over two years now. I have gotten many compliments every time I used it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.