• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is Lester’s a reputable place?

Is that hot glue smeared on the right side of the radio?

At$1299 for a modified galaxy, who wouldn’t deal with the minor imperfection?

But, the good news is you don’t have to pay for that with the standard 1299.99 version!

it only comes into play with the as-pictured blue LED “blackout” model...just $1524.99 plus shipping!!

Last edited:
Reactions: ENC Pirate
At$1299 for a modified galaxy, who wouldn’t deal with the minor imperfection?

But, the good news is you don’t have to pay for that with the standard 1299.99 version!

it only comes into play with the as-pictured blue LED “blackout” model...just $1524.99 plus shipping!!
I saw a green version also somewhere, just a bit cheaper,lol, This aint nothing more than a 959 in a bigger box . Nice extra components, but the inside of that is pretty empty, no reason for not having an internal power supply for the amp. With my options it would be over 1,700 not including a power supply, seriously ? Just ridiculous, I dont care how good the work is.

Let's see. Order from Joe blow CB shop and shipped in 6 hours(with the constant cough or whatever on video) or Lester's at 220 business days wait period. It seems to me that people are waiting for quality work. Have not got one from him yet but from the wait period is I would say he is doing something right.

Before I would shell out that kind of money on that radio I would look for an Icom 7300 or similar for about $400-$600 less !

You could buy a very nice hf rig, for 1600. Even if someone wanted blue lights in a 2547, I can’t see paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars for it. I think that the average cber, with some soldering practice and a little bit of research is capable of doing most if not all cosmetic mods such as lighting/leds themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.