• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is MACO V/58 OMNI DIRECTIONAL CB ANTENNA Any good

well thats great i am glad your match came down anyway.

We'll only know when tommorrow comes and all is dry.. I do think i will do that with the wire though as that is barley on there, and not making a tight connection with ground.. Also I have a 6Gauge wire running to a cold water pipe off the mast.. Is a ground good? Some say remove it and just ground the radio.

Thanx in advance.. You've been so helpful

Yea I know my length isnt perfect (moreso closest guess) but I did spend alot of time measuring that darn ring, because although the manual and net says its doesnt make much difference, It also says it doesnt make a difference if the swr is near same on all channels.. Meaning if its high on one and low on another it would.. So this is what i;ve got @ this moment.. Will be posting back.. done started something... I want bragging rights! Love it they call my cobra a starter radio.. I say Duh I am a beginner... and you like that its getting out loud and proud Lmao!
as long as its working like i said good antenna unless it rains then it gets thrown all off but otherwise works great i had my maco stretched out to almost 22 ft check out the article maco 5/8s to maco .64.

BTW when I go to swr-set on my dosy and turn the dial it wont reach all the way to the end(Set cal).. Is there something wrong, or when it does that do you just turn it to max and measure from there?

BTW when I go to set on my dosy and turn the dial it wont reach all the way to the end.. Is there something wrong, or when it does that do you just turn it to max and measure from there?
yes turn it all the way to the end if it doesnt go to the end try increasing your power to get a better reading.

yes turn it all the way to the end if it doesnt go to the end try increasing your power to get a better reading.

Yea ok cool.. The one it the radio (Built in) says 3.. but thanks no one knew the answer to that.. I switch to set key up.. Then turn dial.. Usually till it gets to the set mark... then flip to swr and get the reading but for some reason dial to the max it wont go that far lol.. I'll get another jumper tommorrow and see that we have with the power :)

Scratch that 3... Its just a tighter reading because the needle is smaller.. I had it on mod LOL

Yea ok cool.. The one it the radio (Built in) says 3.. but thanks no one knew the answer to that.. I switch to set key up.. Then turn dial.. Usually till it gets to the set mark... then flip to swr and get the reading but for some reason dial to the max it wont go that far lol.. I'll get another jumper tommorrow and see that we have with the power :)
mainly watch the swr when it drys out might be fine if not,forget about it must be dry for accurate reading.then you can tune it trust me been there done that lol.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.