• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is pasta as important as toilet paper now?

G-Golly Wally

WDX 719 SE Oklahoma
Nov 5, 2008
Southeastern Oklahoma
Found it odd that pasta was In such short supply at the grocery store today. Is this happening everywhere, or just Oklahoma?
20220124_143636.jpg

We live in a small community up here in the Sierra, population 2,170 people, we have one market in town.
I don't see empty shelves like that up here.
They have a good selection of meat, produce and goods just as we always have had.
I see pictures of big box stores with empty shelves and I am glad the owner here is a local independent who has flexibility in his sourcing.

Jeff

We live in a small community up here in the Sierra, population 2,170 people, we have one market in town.
I don't see empty shelves like that up here.
They have a good selection of meat, produce and goods just as we always have had.
I see pictures of big box stores with empty shelves and I am glad the owner here is a local independent who has flexibility in his sourcing.

Jeff
It's not like McAlester is a big metropolitan area, the population is around 18,000. Fort Smith Arkansas is around 80 to 90,000 and Poteau Oklahoma around 10,000 I've seen shortages in all of them, you never know what it will be. It's kind of hit and miss next week they might have more than enough pasta, but the potato chip selection may consist of about 4 choices. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.

Reactions: Rwb
My Wife makes all our pasta (Wife is old school Italian) add about 2 years worth of homeade tomato sauce, eggplant in oil and lots of pickles and homemade bread, we are good to go. Shelves at local Wallyworld have been empty a few times.
Homemade pasta is fantastic!!!! My folks are Italian immigrants and they make a lot of pasta, sauces, sausages…. My dad even made his own wine for a while. Nothing beats homemade!!!!

Just came back from Wally World. The parking lot was about half full, which is normal. The shelves were completely stocked, as normal. The registers were all backed up like Sunday afternoon. Even the self checkout. The place wasn't busy, but they make money no matter how long the lines are.
I used to think backed up lines at Wally World was only a problem in my part of the world, after traveling for work and shopping at Wally World in different states, im pretty sure the backed up lines are by design.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated