• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is the FCC handing out tickets ?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
There are some real dumb @#$%ers checking in to nets locally lately that I haven't heard before.

Reactions: 1 person

I've been teaching ham classes at my local library for a couple of years in the winter, the turn outs have been relativity small but the people are very eager. I am willing to help anyone who is interested, however I am amazed at what I hear on the air and the utter lack of knowledge displayed sometimes. Basic stuff that is clearly on the tests but yet has escaped the person.

Off topic but I have been given the ok to start a ham club at my sons school, I need to pass a background check an then I can start it. I have gathered gear from friends and some of my older stuff. I even have the ok for antennas on the roof.

Reactions: 12 people
I have seen that on other sites too. From what I have been told is that they are spammers fishing for information and leads. Weird names some with middle eastern tone to the names. Most of their presence is only seen as thanking people for their useful post. Not asking questions or participating in discussion.

Last edited:
I have seen that on other sites too. From what I have been told is that they are spammers fishing for information and leads. Weird names some with middle eastern tone to the names. Most of their presence is only seen as thanking people for their useful post. Not asking questions or participating in discussion.

Most of those are robo-spammers and not a real person. We deal with them from time to time here as well.

An example I heard someone key up give there call as usual but when he said my name is Mike like microphone I busted laphing off the air of course.

Off topic but I have been given the ok to start a ham club at my sons school, I need to pass a background check an then I can start it. I have gathered gear from friends and some of my older stuff. I even have the ok for antennas on the roof.

I had a QSO a few years back, afternoon time with a young lady in her science class at a middle school.

Her teacher was a ham and he was showing his students how ham radio worked, as the subject they were studying in the class room was radio waves and propagation.

W9CLL good for you taking the time and putting forth the effort to get a radio club going at the school,

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.