• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this a Rohn tower?

Also, i plan to erect around 37 feet of tower with a hygain penetrator on top. The base will be in cement and a house mount around 20 feet. Will i need to guy the remaining 17 feet?

Im wondering what it is. It seems to be in good shape. I cant find any info on it. Can i climb it? Will it handle a 4 element beam down the road? Sorry for the nube questions but this is not within my area of expertise.

Im wondering what it is. It seems to be in good shape. I cant find any info on it. Can i climb it? Will it handle a 4 element beam down the road? Sorry for the nube questions but this is not within my area of expertise.
Climb it?.....Only one way to find out!:D If it were me, I'd make it a tilt-over so I wouldn't have to climb it...

That's the way I have mine...All I have to do is take out one bolt on the two front legs, and both bolt's off the back, then walk it down...(although I don't walk it down anymore, I have a winch I use to lower it)
P2rEEYQ.jpg

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Because of the wind loading of a beam in a rotational direction, it is recommended to use a tower with diagonal cross bracing. Attaching it to the house will help, but the wind is relentless and never sleeps. It might be ok. Only one way to know for sure.

Reactions: old goat 321
I have, Sold thru Radio Shack and Kmart - if I'm not mistaken this is typical TV mast - like from Philips.

It's an older design, and that in itself raises issues of if its' safe to use - it's been painted...So no idea of condition of the (spot) welds that were used in this era.

It's a light duty - not meant for heavy windloading antennas...

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Looks like American Tower.I have some of it & it looks pretty much like that.I am getting another 80 ft of it & 50ft of it has a 5 element M2 yagi & a dual band Diamond vertical on it now without any guying & it has been thru a couple of Hurricanes & a bad ice storm with high winds.I will be putting a 4 element Shakespeare MegaBeam on it with no guys also at 50ft.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: old goat 321
Looks like OLD style Delphi...Light duty...made for TV antennas back in the 60-70's...
Think Andy is right...Radio Shack/Allied Radio and Mom and Pop TV shops...
By age and the looks of those spot welds...Ground plane be about it...
If it has rust on the inside of the legs and it has pits in the steel...I would never use it for anything else. Just looking at pics. I would not climb it or use it in the Midwest storm region unless it was guyed MHO
All the Best
Gary

NOTE: looking at the picture...blown up...notice the splatter marks on some of the braces...and some curling of the braces near the legs...someone has tried welding the braces back on!!! Scary!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated