• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

is this possible ?

would i be able too simply tune my 29 so i could get a 2watt deadkey and 10 swing???? or will i need too solder some stuff in ?

Yes , there are many different things you "could do" but IM guessing you would want to do this for reasons of driving an amplifier ? If so , just dropping the watts down to 2 and the modulation set at 100% would also get the job done without any further modifacations done to the radio.(you would be in the 8 to 10 watt swing range from there) 74s link will work with other mods of the same type caliber.

My choice would be tune it for max performance, then insert a resistor between the output of the modulation circuit and the input of the RF choke which supplies the collector of the driver. Make sure you use half-watt resistors, or double-up quarter-watt units. Select the resistor value that gets the carrier you want. I also tune the 2 coils before the driver for a centered low-carrier "indent" on channel 20. It tends to give more even key across all 40.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.