• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is this the new Stryker SSB?

Are you sure about that Ed?
The AM/FM strykers possibly, but I don't know about this one.
Maybe that's why we are still waiting for our run of Optima's!!!!!
Actually, I'm making an educated assumption. Can't be sure, but why wouldn't they? Dealing with two different factories?

SSB Stryker

It doesn't look like it has come from the same factory.
I think they would have tried the meter and lighting in one of the AM/FM sets first, before they ported it over to a new model. Enough trouble sorting out the bugs in a new radio without having a bunch of other new stuff to sort out as well. I would have a better idea if we could see the board and layout.
If I find out anything conclusive I will pass it on. I doubt if Stryker is compelled to make their radios in any particular factory. Ranger is the one coming out with all the fancy lights and that particular coverage...
But that is just my take on it...heck it could be anytone, or any one of half a dozen factories in Asia. The technology has been in the open market for years but as the sunspot cycle swings into gear people are looking for opportunity.
I'll go with Icom if they could be pressed into sticking their technology into a 10-12m mobile rig. No AM/FM Just SSB. IF shift, DSP, memories, vfo's 7000 type display.....
Amen

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated