• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Issue's????

Cat Driver

Feb 2, 2007
Lake of The Ozarks
After reading a few posts on here this morn, I noticed a lot of people we're having "issues" with things. Is this one of those New Age Feel Good words?

At my ripe old age we still have good old fashioned problems, and issues we're Hot Rod and Playboy (only for the articles you know) that came in the mail every month.

I've also noticed that recalls are commonly referred to now by car dealers as "We'll have to Re-Visit that issue".

So far I haven't received an issue yet for any of my $ I spent on CB stuff.

You young fellers sure know how to sugar coat things now. LOL

Ronnie :D

So...

You are saying that you have issues with the term "issues"?

Bummer.

Mind numbing drugs will be in your future if you continue to sweat the small stuff dude. LOL!

It's just the corporate world's way of being politically correct...

In our day we called it beating around the bush.

Re-visit my butt...it's to replace a defective part.

Issues...an argument.

Ain't that right Cat Driver.

Cat Driver said:
At my ripe old age we still have good old fashioned problems, and issues we're Hot Rod and Playboy (only for the articles you know) that came in the mail every month.

And don't forget about those monthly issues of Popular Electronics, Electronics Illustrated, CB Magazine and S9. :D

Peddler said:
It's just the corporate world's way of being politically correct...

In our day we called it beating around the bush.

Re-visit my butt...it's to replace a defective part.

Issues...an argument.

Ain't that right Cat Driver.

Ya know, it's amazing us ol farts got this world as far as it is without all this PC c##p. ;)

Unit 194 said:
Cat Driver said:

And don't forget about those monthly issues of Popular Electronics, Electronics Illustrated, CB Magazine and S9. :D

Yep, thats my kinda issues!! ;)

i am one of the ones that uses the term "issues".

for me, its just training from another industry that has affected my terminology.

i work in automation, and when we find something happening that wasnt happening before, we call it a "phenomenon".

the guys from NY get mad at me when i call them "problems".
(these guys are between 50-70 years old)

they say, "its not a problem until we cant fix it."

i guess its just a potato/tomato type of thing.LOL
loosecannon

My former general manager used to tell me there was no such thing as a problem,only solutions. :evil: Yeah right I told him. "The PROBLEM is that your solution is to pass the problem to someone else (me) to solve!" 8)

All employees at my job just had to complete a mandatory H.R. module.

The bottom line was

1) Never say anything is a 'problem', there are only 'issues' and issues are merely a challenge to overcome.

2) There can never be any particular person that causes an 'issue' either, it is not acceptable to ever attribute anyone as the cause of an 'issue'.

Bunch of crap. Pretty much sums up why there is no excellence or competence in the business world anymore.

Strive to be mediocre, celebrate the gray.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.