• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JB-12 trimmer capacitor

Crasher

Apr 25, 2012
Norwalk, OH
Just picked up a JB-12 modualtor with a broken trimmer capacitor on the back. Would anyone know the value of this pot or know what I could replace this with? Much appreciated
Thanks

Just an FYI - as you said, it is a variable capacitor. Then later, you referred to it as a pot. "pot" is short for potentiometer, or a variable resistor. A different animal. Not being picky, just helping so if you go to order the part, you get what you need.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately that part is not a standard over the counter component. It's a custom RF transformer with an adjustable slug. It's purpose is to match the 50 ohm output of your radio to the 1500 ohm value of the grid input resistor.

Reactions: 2 people
Ahh that's right, not looking at the schematic, I remember that..these used the 8417 didn't they?

Yes, they are very expensive and not worth replacing either. If your JB-150 needs a new 8417, consider a 6L6GC as a small step backwards or a 6550 as a small step forwards. Both cost less than a 8417 and have the same pinout. The JB-12 uses a 6BQ5 incidentally.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.