1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

JB 2000 transformer

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by 238, May 15, 2020.

1. 238

238 Member

I have a one tube, 3-500, amp i am rebuilding. DSC00270.JPG It originally had a SSB220 transformer in it, but it passed away. Had a JB2000 transformer installed. I thought some one might know the voltage of the different DSC00023.JPG wires. The guy just cut the other wires off. The big yellow wire is cut off also. The amp works as is, but i am going to rebuild the power supply. The caps & diodes. DSC00862.JPG I was hoping some one might know the color code. Thanks 238

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Don't remember having that on file, but I'll poke about and see what's to be had. The four thick black wires on the right side of the pic should be the two 120-Volt primary windings. If the number tags are still on each of those four wires, the amplifier schematic should sort out how they're connected. Pretty sure the two red wires at the lower left are the 1000-Volt (or so) HV winding.

The fat green wires on the left would be the 10-Volt filament winding. The fat wire between them is probably that winding's center tap.

I'll see what turns up at work tomorrow.

BTW I wouldn't put too much trust in the 1983-dated filter capacitors in the pic.

3. 238

238 Member

This is what is going back in it. DSC00021.JPG I bought ever thing to overhaul a SSB220 years ago. I have bought the diodes & resisters to rebuild the diode board. If i remember correctly it only checked at 2200 volts. I thought if i rebuild the power supply it might pep up the voltage to the tube. 238

4. 238

238 Member

Got a ? about the green wires. One goes to ground the other goes to a diode. DSC00024.JPG A cap hooks to the other end & goes to ground. Also 2 wires solder to the other end & each go to lights on the front an nothing else. The single black wire is solder to the green wire from the transformer. 238