• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just alttle information i have.

Bandit169

Jul 6, 2005
North west Indiana.
Hello and thanks for looking. Well i know everyone here is in to something or another. Like radios, bikes, cars,trucks ,quads,be it building or doing mod's or just having to have. Well thats where i fit in just having to have . I seen a 4x4 GMC Suburban and had to have it.So i Bought it about 4 or 5 years ago. 1 1985 454 fuel injected,tubo 400 auto trans,auto hub's Newer cloth interior,duel exhust, great tow package nerf tube running boards,the fenders are clipped and flaired, and a lighted sun visor,(COOL/BADASS TRUCK). Anyway thats what i bought. Well one day at the end of january 03 i decided to drop my tower and change my antenna. (so i did just that) Well i needed to pull the tower back up,(and i used my truck to do just that, pull up the tower). Well i had my buddy back up and we hooked the strap's up and i told him to pull, Him being in the truck dropped it in gear and dug a possi rut! I yelled hold it, and then yelld stick it in 4wheel. He did. Still nothing. Your thinking why and what's up,right? Well I forgot to tell him to back up and lock in the frontend. So he's trying to go but ain't,right? CLANK Once and CLANK twice!!!! OOPPS That hurt. We ended up ripping the lipps off thr driverside axle shaft and outer stub and also the lipps off the passenger side outer stub. (Hence my problem)!!! Now it has been a couple of years and the truck is still in my driveway. It runs and drives very well except for it need frontend repair.(Still very driveable mind you). I had an accident at work in my semi and was right after this all took place.Well i gave up on doing any work to it and the wife said i should get rid of it. It seems no one around here is able to or is affraid of the big 454 fuel-injected motor. It needs some one to give it some TLC and Fix the axle. The rocker panels are rusted out on the rightside and starting on the leftside. i had dropped the price a few times. Now i had the motor and trans sold to a buddy for a car he's building for $2200.00, that same nite His son got T-Boned in the family car(TOTALED IT OUT). With that happening No sale. I said Shit this sucks,I don't drive it,i don't evan have plates on it anymore. It's taking up space. I would like to get rid of it,by way of selling it or tradeing it for a quad 4wheeler of equal value or something.I have all the reciepts and photos and clean title. Hell,if someone were to part it out it would bring in more then that price of $2200.00 Bucks.I don't have the time to do either.Any suggestions? This is just alittle Information i have. Thanks for reading , you can email me at seager2112@aol.com or call me at 1-219-746-4412 if you have a good idea to releave me of this problem. Again, i say thanks, have a great weekend.
73's to all down and out for now.
Bandit169nwind-CDX169.
Steve.

Sounds like a kick ass sub you got. What i would do is take it into a big city. Park it in a lot and put a 4 sale sign on it and wait. Im sure a mexican will buy it with no dought. Or you could list it in your local paper. But like i said if a mexcain see's it they will want it!!!!!! Or i dont know if you have a Wheels for you magazine were you live but you could put in a add for like 50 bucks and they keep it in there for a month. They say that if you put you car or truck in there it will sell. Well hope this helps. CDX197

Yep had it in a book called indiana auto and RV for like 5 to 6 months. It's still in the Bargin finder. Got alot of calls and alot of people say they will come and look at it, then they never show up or the freak out about the size of the motor under the hood. at one time i had guys say they would trade me for Trans ams, lincolns, or evan a few caddys. I want to get another pick up or a good quad, Know what i mean VERN"? I don't want to take it to a lot they already took the tunes out of it. I am still thinking of things to do with it But now i am to lazy after work. At one time this forum had an cool lookin' shot of it (PICTURE).I don't know what happend to it here. Talk to ya Later and Thanks.
73s and down an out for now.
Bandit169--CDX169.
Steve.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.