• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just Got my brand new ICOM M803 installed and it’s giving me headache

Ning25

Oct 27, 2023
Well, I am kind new to SSB Radio, since all I have used in my life are VHF Marine radios, now this time around I decided to purchase an SSB Marine radio so that I can have communication to the land everytime I am offshore, thus I bought two Radios, once of which I installed at my Home Radio Base Station, and another one witch I am installing on my boat, as soon as I can figure out why the radio is not working properly, since all I am getting from the Digital watt meter is,FWR: 4w and 99.99W for SWR, I am desperate cause I spent so much money on something that I assumed was a piece of cake to install, I just don’t know if there is something to do with the coaxial cable or the control cable, since I had to cut and add another conector to it at the end of the transceiver in other to match the female’s, I didn’t even open the Auto-Tuner cause it’s a brand new AT-140 tuner as well as the Shakespeare 393 SSB antenna. Can someone please help me to troubleshoot it, I am really a newbie when it comes to SSB Radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.