• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just ordered a Delta M2 desk mic.......

Ah…I’ve owned three of these Mics. Not because they’re great but I wanted the different colors. I believe if you use the adapter it automatically senses that and disables the battery. I could be mistaken but don’t think so.

It’s a good mic but it’s no D-104. If I recall, I was always accidentally locking down the push to talk button and found it quite annoying. It’s also more directional than it appears.
I agree with you. I placed a piece of tap on the base at the far right of the push-to-talk button to prevent locking the button. The primary reason I bought one was because of the 110V adapter but the novelty wore-out quickly and I went back to the stock mic.

Reactions: NightThumper
Is it Playschool or Fisher Price that makes the Delta M2?
DELTA Electronics

Our company was founded in 1967 and has since evolved into a family of professionals dedicated to offering the Greater New Orleans area a place to purchase electronic components, accessories, and 12 volt electronics while offering installation services. At Delta Electronics, we strive to make every single purchase you make a seamless process from start to finish. Take a look at our site, and feel free to get in touch with any questions or concerns.

I have been in radio since the 60's and never heard of them or some sought after microphone they produced through the years. Must be their 1st attempt. They are definitely not Turner or Astatic...

Delta M2 Frequency response is:.
  • Frequency Response: 40-15000kHz
Wide as a barn door and definitely not tailored for communications. Can't imagine how a single tone control would do much to close rhe barn door.

Looks like a knock off of this which has been around for awhile...exact same build quality, PTT switch etc. Actually the Galaxy is the better looking of the 2. If I was forced with gun pointed at my head to buy one I would buy the Galaxy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211226-204150_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-204150_Samsung Internet.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Well I dont know how they look on a scope or analyzer but audio reports I have gotten from mine have had nothing but good things on a couple different radios.

There is a difference of local audio reports on a rag chew and busting a DX pile up, where audio frequency response is the difference of being heard or unheard, understood or not understood. There is many times DXing I don't get back to em because for the life of me I can't understand them or their numbers, so I just move on.

That's audio frequency response.

If your going to sell something as a communication micorphone, charge a $150.00 for it, make it a communication microphone, and tailor the audio for communications and not for a ring announcer at a boxing match.

Last edited:
Seems who they really are is an online retailer not a manufacturer from the 1960's. They have a few low end meters, power supply, fan kits, etc under the Delta name. I searched also and there is no "Delta manufacturer" of this microphone.

Last edited:
Posted description: (has to be a CB technician since the term "Loud" is used)

"Meticulously designed and created by a radio technician with 40 years of experience with the sole focus of LOUD and Crystal Clear audio from a classically designed Powered microphone head with a heavy duty metal housing for industrial, Ham and CB radio applications as its main focus.

What has been missing in the market is a new approach to the classic sound we used to get from the D104, Turner and Echomaster microphones of the past. This New M2 Powered Desk Microphone is that new approach, giving the loudest and clearest sound of any microphone on the market today!!!"

Last edited:
Here is the "legendary" Delta Electronics designer of high tech communication equipment! See photo #4 for store front.

(Note: Proudly displayed their Delta M2 microphone in photo #1 in a truck stop radio shop quality display. Or that is their radio bench and they tune up radios with a Dosy meter and that same tech that designed the microphone. Most likely that is their bench since the radios they sell have an option for what they call a "wattage tuneup". Not an "alignment*, so they must crank all pots wide open for watts on that dosy, so you can blow the MOSFETs in your new radio in record time. They have Been in business since 1995 as a one stop shop. They are just a hole in the wall store selling Subs, CB's, GPS, Car Alarms, Cells Phones and Beepers who contracted with a Chinese manufacturer to make a microphone under their Delta name. No tech in that micorphone, Just an element, a cheap amplifier, a couple of pots to turn, a PTT switch and a meter that does not really mean anything or provide any useful information.. All for the low low price of $150.00.

Better link:

http://www.deltaelectronicsonline.com/default.asp?m=0

Attachments

• 6BA829C5-C100-4078-A5A1-2DB2CCEE7B69.jpeg.jpg
    6BA829C5-C100-4078-A5A1-2DB2CCEE7B69.jpeg.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 2018-07-24.jpg
    2018-07-24.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20211226-234308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211226-234308_Samsung Internet.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_20211227-021414_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-021414_Gallery.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.