• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just ordered a Delta M2 desk mic.......

Here is the "legendary" Delta Electronics designer of high tech communication equipment! See photo #4 for store front.

(Note: Proudly displayed their Delta M2 microphone in photo #1 in a truck stop radio shop quality display. Or that is their radio bench and they tune up radios with a Dosy meter and that same tech that designed the microphone. Most likely that is their bench since the radios they sell have an option for what they call a "wattage tuneup". Not an "alignment*, so they must crank all pots wide open for watts on that dosy, so you can blow the MOSFETs in your new radio in record time. They have Been in business since 1995 as a one stop shop. They are just a hole in the wall store selling Subs, CB's, GPS, Car Alarms, Cells Phones and Beepers who contracted with a Chinese manufacturer to make a microphone under their Delta name. No tech in that micorphone, Just an element, a cheap amplifier, a couple of pots to turn, a PTT switch and a meter that does not really mean anything or provide any useful information.. All for the low low price of $150.00.

Better link:

http://www.deltaelectronicsonline.com/default.asp?m=0
I am beginning to get the idea that you don't like this microphone. Refusing to be "Woke"? You showed us a nice mic from MFJ, thanks for your contribution.

I am beginning to get the idea that you don't like this microphone. Refusing to be "Woke"? You showed us a nice mic from MFJ, thanks for your contribution.

"Woke" meaning, unable to crack a joke without someone being offended, when a joke is just meant to be a joke. Yes visually this microphone looks like something from a toy manufacturer. We are living in a time when someone is always offended by words, even a crack on the visuals of a microphone, but are suppose to tread softly because someone ordered one. As far as the rest it is interesting to track down the true origins of a product past all the hype about some 40 year technician who developed this microphone. In reality it is a copy of the Galaxy Microphone that has been around a number of years prior to this M2 thing. Same metal base, Same push to talk switch. Odds are this little Delta Electronics store went to the same Chinese manufacturer made a few changes for the worse as far as looks, and there it is the Delta M2. As far as ordering one, now everyone knows it's true origin and can now make an informed decision.

"Woke" meaning, unable to crack a joke without someone being offended, when a joke is just meant to be a joke. Yes visually this microphone looks like something from a toy manufacturer. We are living in a time when someone is always offended by words, even a crack on the visuals of a microphone, but are suppose to tread softly because someone ordered one. As far as the rest it is interesting to track down the true origins of a product past all the hype about some 40 year technician who developed this microphone. In reality it is a copy of the Galaxy Microphone that has been around a number of years prior to this M2 thing. Same metal base, Same push to talk switch. Odds are this little Delta Electronics store went to the same Chinese manufacturer made a few changes for the worse as far as looks, and there it is the Delta M2. As far as ordering one, now everyone knows it's true origin and can now make an informed decision.

Wow…obviously you don’t know ShadeTreeMechanic very well. The mic is heavy and well made. Your opinions are certainly opinions since you’ve never owned one. How did you come about such profound knowledge regarding the development of this microphone? Imitating Paul Harvey now are we “As far as ordering one, now everyone knows it’s true origin and can now make an informed decision”. Then you suggest the MFJ 299 microphone which borrows heavily from other designs…as do cars, as do nearly all radios CB or Amateur equipment, medical equipment, housing, etc…ad in·fi·ni·tum.

Here’s looking forward to another in-depth NightOwl326 review.

Oh actually I have read ShadeTrees posts for a long time and I have great respect for him based on his helpful posts and I can tell he is really a good guy. But one needs to know the difference between a product that will improve your ability to talk DX and products that don't. Mike's with such broad bandwidth are classic low end CB microphones, that do nothing to increase intellibility, and actually many times makes it worse. I am very opinionated and I state it like it is.
One can spend $150.00 and improve ones ability to make DX contacts or find no improvement at all. The nature of 11 meters today is mostly DX as local talk was killed by cell phones, social media and texting. Low end, over hyped CB products selling at a premium price pisses me off as they take advantage of the end user who is at a certain point in his or hers knowledge of the hobby. I respect ones right to purchase whatever they want, but I hate to see the end user taken advantage of by a fancy online description of a product marketed by a small everything electronics store in NY.

But as far as ShadeTree, he helps people his way and me in another. I am a tough love kind of guy.
We are both here to help, I just do so in a different way then him. But both of us have good intentions. Both of us want to bring a more refined knowledge of the hobby to others in need. And even myself ask questions on this forum of others that have knowledge I don't, and often use knowledgeable forum members as a sounding board on radio related purchases. Yes there is no doubt MFJ knocked off another microphone for the micorphone I posted, and have some issues with quality of their products, but a 4 band equalizer adjusted correctly, and the use of it's compressor function increasing average talk power is a legitimate product that I have no doubt will increase DX contacts.
It's cheaper than the Delta M2. More bang for the buck and produced by a major manufacturer and not a hole in the wall in NY with an apartment above it.

Last edited:
Many years ago there was an online retailer making themselves to seem bigger than they actually had been. In reality it was a company much like Delta Electronics in NY. Through slick marketing they advertised what they called a "Turbo Tune" they would do to a new radio purchase at a premium price. They advertised how they upgraded many components in the radio and then did a precision tune. I bought into the marketing and purchased one as I was at a certain point in my knowledge of the hobby. A few forum members with more knowledge than I purchased one and dug into it's guts to analyze the turbo tune. Turns out they upgraded no components and did a hack job cutting the limiter, volting the finals etc. Further research showed this little store they had been selling out of. Lesson learned and the same hype and taking advantage of the CBer still takes place today. The Turbo Tune taught me a lesson and I hope others will better discern how they spend their money on the their hobby. They sold tons of radios with Turbo Tunes. Marketing works, know what you are buying and who you are buying it from. They called themselves Express Electronics. I often wonder what ever happened to these guys, maybe they opened a company called Delta Electronics! :)

Last edited:
Many years ago there was an online retailer making themselves to seem bigger than they actually had been. In reality it was a company much like Delta Electronics in NY. Through slick marketing they advertised what they called a "Turbo Tune" they would do to a new radio purchase at a premium price. They advertised how they upgraded many components in the radio and then did a precision tune. I bought into the marketing and purchased one as I was at a certain point in my knowledge of the hobby. A few forum members with more knowledge than I purchased one and dug into it's guts to analyze the turbo tune. Turns out they upgraded no components and did a hack job cutting the limiter, volting the finals etc. Further research showed this little store they had been selling out of. Lesson learned and the same hype and taking advantage of the CBer still takes place today. The Turbo Tune taught me a lesson and I hope others will better discern how they spend their money on the their hobby. They sold tons of radios with Turbo Tunes. Marketing works, know what you are buying and who you are buying it from.
How about this for a marketing catch?
I don't remember which 2022 model Toyota. If you buy or order a new vehicle with the Remote Start option, after three months you have to pay to keep the software active or else the remote start will be deactivated.

How about this for a marketing catch?
I don't remember which 2022 model Toyota. If you buy or order a new vehicle with the Remote Start option, after three months you have to pay to keep the software active or else the remote start will be deactivated.

Last words on the subject:. They claim it is a well designed product designed by some 40 year technician. They compare it to well engineered products such as the D104 or a Turner microphones. In reality a knowledgeable technician could have chosen a microphone element and trailered the amplifier to emphasize the voice frequencies used for communications more in the range of 300-3000hz. Instead they produced a low end product with wide frequency response that in no way is built for communications. Compared to Turner microphones as their marketing states? Look at the original specs for the Turner plus 3 with built in compression and tailored frequency response. There was no effort made to make this a viable communication microphone, just a cheaply produced product with markup per unit the driving force. That to me is the marketing hype. Comparing it to real well designed communications microphones as if it's in the same league. Its not, and no effort was made to make it worth $150.00. it looks cheap, designed cheap, and works cheap. No technology in this microphone whatsoever to bring such a premium price. That's the hype. Their 40 year tech needs to go back to the drawing board. If they sold this thing for $60 I would have never said a word.

1st image Turner +3 frequency response 2nd image D104 frequency response. Those are communication microphones. The Deltas 50-15000hz frequency response is not a communication microphone nor is it a D104 or Turner +3. Not even equal in build quality.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211227-192949_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-192949_Samsung Internet.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20211227-193329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-193329_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I get it, you were offended that I was offended. We are entitled to our opinions. I took your joke as a jab against the o.p. and I jabbed back. My feelings aren't hurt, no harm, no foul. The MFJ mic you showed I am sure is a good mic. We can always use more choices when looking for gear. The audio bandwidth on the Delta is not a bad thing for a CB radio. The radio is only going to pass so much audio in the bass and treble ranges, and the tone control can be used to dial it in.

I want to apologize to the op for being the cause of the thread derailment. I am looking forward to your review of the Delta microphone.

Good Morning Radio Friends,. Well since I just rearanged my base setup,of course I felt I needed to add a New mic, LoL, Seriously though I read the reviews on it and it seems like a good mic,but I wanted to hear from any forum members who have this Mike and have used it, your thoughts please,I really hope it's better then the astatic 78 desk mic I currently have ( it's a ok mic) look forward to hearing from you all, Have a Merry Christmas to you all!☃️☃️
I would use the AC adapter because as the 9volt battery weakens, listeners will tell you your modulation is decreasing, and you will increase the mic gain on the radio and mic until the battery runs out of life. The AC adapter will always maintain the same power requirement.

Note numbers are upside down on the dials. Gotta love attention to detail....

And they saved 19¢ per unit in manufacturing costs by not including a lighted VU meter.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211228-004756_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20211228-004756_Samsung Internet.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Eldorado828
Note numbers are upside down on the dials. Gotta love attention to detail....

And they saved 19¢ per unit in manufacturing costs by not including a lighted VU meter.

The numbers are upside down because they used the old Fender style top hat control knobs which are mean to have the reference marks on top instead of the bottom. That's because, on a guitar, you read the numbers looking down at them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?