• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just ordered the Sirio 2016. Good move or not?

Good deal! Glad it's working good for you.

Mine is still working good, and I can go to the lower or upper channels on 11 meter, and not worry about SWR problems.

Reactions: Buffalo

Mine is still working good, and I can go to the lower or upper channels on 11 meter, and not worry about SWR problems.
I don’t get how they manage to do that but many of the reviews I read mentioned the ease of tuning and how wide banded they are. I’ve never had an antenna do that. Swr is dead flat anywhere I’ll be hanging out. Amazing to me really. Top it all off performance @ just 22’ in the air seems pretty dang good. The input I’m getting from people I talk to is a very clear indication of that. Stock Mike and all. I was lucky enough to hear it on the other end close to 2000 miles away and it sounds anything but stock. All started with a radio as a Christmas gift. Things came together pretty good after that. But I think my daughter may have created a monster with that very thoughtful Christmas gift LOL

Look for my video I posted on how wide-banded mine is. It's in the forum somewhere.

I don’t get how they manage to do that but many of the reviews I read mentioned the ease of tuning and how wide banded they are. I’ve never had an antenna do that. Swr is dead flat anywhere I’ll be hanging out. Amazing to me really. Top it all off performance @ just 22’ in the air seems pretty dang good. The input I’m getting from people I talk to is a very clear indication of that. Stock Mike and all. I was lucky enough to hear it on the other end close to 2000 miles away and it sounds anything but stock. All started with a radio as a Christmas gift. Things came together pretty good after that. But I think my daughter may have created a monster with that very thoughtful Christmas gift LOL
i see same results as you .. just a great antenna for your dollar imho

Reactions: TheRATT
That was interesting. I had 100’ of coax on my antenna and planned to cut it down to 50’. Which I did. Got it all soldered up, checked it with my meter, dead short.. other end still connected to antenna. Thought I messed up. Redid it and same thing. Learn something new every day. I knew at that point what was up. Only mistake I made was redoing it. Antenna shows continuity!!!

That was interesting. I had 100’ of coax on my antenna and planned to cut it down to 50’. Which I did. Got it all soldered up, checked it with my meter, dead short.. other end still connected to antenna. Thought I messed up. Redid it and same thing. Learn something new every day. I knew at that point what was up. Only mistake I made was redoing it. Antenna shows continuity!!!

Yup, they do! Hard lesson learned, but you'll not forget it soon!

Reactions: Buffalo
Old thread......
But I just purchased and put up a Sirio 2016 about three weeks ago. Wonderful antenna. Very good receive and transmit signal. Had previously had A99s and IMAX 2000s. The Sirio is a better antenna from my experience thus far. Very good local, and VERY good results SSB DX.
I've been eyeing that antenna for a while. Currently running the sigma venom and it's been great but I hear the 2016 is superb. Maybe, just maybe I'll get one too.

Last edited:
i bought a sirio starduster for my brother before he passed away and put it up for him and didn't even get a month and the wind bent it. what kind of wind do we get in massachusetts? this antenna was half the diameter of the radials that i had on a original 1970's starduster. this was built so dainty i don't think i could buy another antenna from that company thinking that the same thing could happen

Old thread......
But I just purchased and put up a Sirio 2016 about three weeks ago. Wonderful antenna. Very good receive and transmit signal. Had previously had A99s and IMAX 2000s. The Sirio is a better antenna from my experience thus far. Very good local, and VERY good results SSB DX.
A friend of mine about 30 miles north of me took down his IMAX 2000 and put up this antenna. His signal to me dropped ALMOST 2 S units same radio same everything just an antenna change. Now we can only talk on a quiet day and I didn’t change anything at all. So I doubt very much if this is the new kid on the block to buy.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.