• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just ordered the Sirio 2016. Good move or not?

Well, good news is, it arrived a week early. Started assembly last night. Now it’s pouring down rain.

Just use the tuning table for top part, and it should be on the money.

Less than 30 minutes for assembly. Easiest antenna I have ever assembled, and I used blue Loctite for all the screws.

Reactions: Buffalo
Just use the tuning table for top part, and it should be on the money.

Less than 30 minutes for assembly. Easiest antenna I have ever assembled, and I used blue Loctite for all the screws.
I used blue locktite on the screws. I’m almost there. I’m going to use shrink tube on the joints. Not sure on sealing the bottom one that has the clamp. I think I’ll have to order bigger shrink tube then what I have here and go over clamp and all. What I have here is some seriously tough stuff. I used it to cover an 8’ fiberglass stake out pole I use on my kayak. The fiberglass was starting to splinter. It will shrink down to around 1/2” or less from 1 inch easy. I have a question maybe you can help me with. Where the clamp joint is, I assume you slide the mast in till it stops. Is that right?

Reactions: bulldog69
I need to ask again because I just want to make sure. Working between rain showers here. And supplies which should arrive today. Every thing on this assembly was self evident, except how far to slide the main whip into the lower part of the antenna. I don’t see any indicator, other than when I slide it in, it stops. I’m thinking that is it but just want to verify if possible. TIA!!!

I put one up 2 years ago but I kinda beefed up mine by using clamps on the joints instead of screws and double nut the radials and used lock washers. It's still up and works good. This spring I'm going to put up better coax though.

I need to ask again because I just want to make sure. Working between rain showers here. And supplies which should arrive today. Every thing on this assembly was self evident, except how far to slide the main whip into the lower part of the antenna. I don’t see any indicator, other than when I slide it in, it stops. I’m thinking that is it but just want to verify if possible. TIA!!!
the main whip as in the top with the egg beater top??? you gotta tune the antenna with this one using there freq. chart.ive had mine since 2009 and wrote a rerview on copper electronics .it easily covers all of cb band with a perfect swr . and up to 28 mhz with a 1.5 ...not a narrow banded antenna by any means

Reactions: Buffalo
the main whip as in the top with the egg beater top??? you gotta tune the antenna with this one using there freq. chart.ive had mine since 2009 and wrote a rerview on copper electronics .it easily covers all of cb band with a perfect swr . and up to 28 mhz with a 1.5 ...not a narrow banded antenna by any means
HotRod When I was referring to the main whip I meant the entire assembled stinger part of the antenna. The largest diameter connection with the clamp about 3 or 4 feet from the bottom of the antenna. Just needed to verify that you insert that section till it stops and clamp it down. Wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Went and read your review.

Last edited:
Finally it’s up in the air. Match is great. Only checked from 26805 to 27405. Dead 1 to 1 throughout. It’s dark cold and wet and DX is done for the day. Was hoping to hear some distant locals but a quick scan came up with nothing so far. Thanks to everyone for the help and moral support.

Always nice when a plan comes together. My first contact across the pond to the UK this morning. I think. I’m going to be happy with this antenna. It’s only 22 feet to the base.

Attachments

• CC1EF662-9FB3-4B85-B2B8-3C5C4757C3C7.png
    CC1EF662-9FB3-4B85-B2B8-3C5C4757C3C7.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 15
Personally, I had a bad experience with the expensive Sirio mobile antenna so I won’t buy their products anymore. It might be fantastic. It just won’t ever be at my house.
I hear you, that’s all it takes sometimes. One bad experience can completely poison the well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.