1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Just read this

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by w9cll, Jul 19, 2019.

1. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

Read here

2. BandEdger

BandEdger New Member

I did look at it. The article is all over the place, first it says the issue is illegal modifications, then it gets into programming.

The FCC citation itself only mentions programming.

I thought it was illegal to transmit where you're not licensed, not to possess a radio that is programmed with that frequency.

When I hear about modification and the offense being the actual programming by Mr. Perez, on a 154MHz frequency, I wonder if he modified and then reprogrammed a type-accepted MURS-only radio or something.

Oh, and just look at this...

3. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Guys became best friends.

4. S&W357

S&W357 WDX-556 Supporting Member Space For Rent

Jose can you see...

357magnum likes this.
  5. DainBramage

DainBramage Well-Known Member

HUH??? If you actually read 47CFR90.427 (b) then you would know what the issue is.

a LICENCED station (WQVL958) being modified to Tx on frequencies not authorized by the license.

Where did you come up with the MURS reference? This is a station authorized to Tx @ 100,000 watts

Pretty cut and dried.

6. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Once you start talking about commercial services you are talking about a whole different ballgame.

7. Shockwave

Shockwave Sr. Member

The license power is 100.000 watts or one hundred watts.

8. BandEdger

BandEdger New Member

I didn't realize that, I was thinking from an amateur radio point of view. Thank you.

9. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Reading between the lines, nothing has really changed.

If you interfere with a licensed service, the FCC will come looking for you. And if they prove you modded the radio, it's just another detail.

And if you don't clobber some licensed service, you are not the FCC's problem.

I suppose it could add one more violation to the bill if they go after you for hawking non-legal radios on your web site.

But they won't come knocking your door down because you added channels to a Cobra 148.