• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

k40 or sirio p5000

So what are the issues with the new K40?

Just set up my car with a new K40 base load for my old trunk lip mount and am getting a great flat 1.1 - 1.2.

I do have the Sirio Performer 5000 on the way for my other vehicle but like the idea of the shorter antenna of the K40 hitting fewer obstacles.

lets us know if you can do a side by side.Honestly i had a wilson 1000 and my p5000 performs about the same not noticing any huge leaps in performance anything noticable i bet the k40 performs just as well.

the k40 should work for you as long as you do not exceed power level that may blow the matching capacitor it uses to allow for easy tuning in various types applications.

Reactions: 1 person
the wilsons are crap i will never buy another looks like im gonna have to get the p5000

'' 123kid lets us know if you can do a side by side.Honestly i had a wilson 1000 and my p5000 performs about the same not noticing any huge leaps in performance anything noticable i bet the k40 performs just as well. "

So tell us kid, you claim Wilson sucks and then you say it's not really any different the a p5000. So what's the real deal here or maybe your not sure.

I would say if you went with say a trunk mount K-40, Wilson 1000/5000, and this Siro, I bet they would all perform so close the average person would not notice a difference.

It would take a controlled test with the proper equipment to show the differences. Beyond that it's a Ford Vs Chevy arguement.

4 Meter Coax Lenght

Here's the answer I got from Sirio about the 4 meter coax length of my Sirio 145 mag mount that's Performer PL5000's hooked to.
The 4m is a length it was choosed only for to have lenght for the connection at the transceiver and not for the necessity of a specific fraction of wave length. In fact if the magnetic mount has a correct surface, is the roof to work as ground plane and not the cable

'' 123kid lets us know if you can do a side by side.Honestly i had a wilson 1000 and my p5000 performs about the same not noticing any huge leaps in performance anything noticable i bet the k40 performs just as well. "

So tell us kid, you claim Wilson sucks and then you say it's not really any different the a p5000. So what's the real deal here or maybe your not sure.

I would say if you went with say a trunk mount K-40, Wilson 1000/5000, and this Siro, I bet they would all perform so close the average person would not notice a difference.

It would take a controlled test with the proper equipment to show the differences. Beyond that it's a Ford Vs Chevy arguement.

I will tell you that Wilson sucks as well. I am talking about the ones produced under the Barjan name. It is not objective opinion but a fact.

Reactions: 1 person
Field strength,far field,a buddy down the road test. I personally don't prefer Wilson,Cobra,Turner. My Sirio Performer PL5000 looks good(Italian),has the longest whip.

The Sirio 5000 series are electrically longer that the Wilsons are. The electrical length of the 5000 wilson is 102" and change while the sirio's are about 108" in length. Having used a wilson for more than ten years and then trying a Sirio 5000 series it is the difference between night and day.In my experence the most noticible improvement is with the RX. Not having used the K40 I cannot comment on it.

The Sirio 5000 series are electrically longer that the Wilsons are. The electrical length of the 5000 wilson is 102" and change while the sirio's are about 108" in length. Having used a wilson for more than ten years and then trying a Sirio 5000 series it is the difference between night and day.In my experence the most noticible improvement is with the RX.

I'll take your word on that. My brother owns a Wilson 1000 but I've never done a side to side comparison. Haven't done a side to side comparison with the K40 I have but it works a whole lot better. The Siro is just begging for some juice to be run through it

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.