• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

k40 or sirio p5000

Pull stinger from base and trim from bottom end. If it doesn't have a dissipator on top I guess you could trim there as well.

Did you read the manual for tuning instructions?

I'm still trimming. Done cut 4 centimeters off. Got one more cut to make and it will be tuned for the channels I hang out on. So far SWR for the following channels are;1:8:1 25.855 MHz. 1:3:1 26.305 MHz. 1:1:1 26.755. 1:2:1 27.205 MHz. 1:6:1 27.655 MHz. 2:1:1 28.105 MHz. I maybe need to cut a total of 50 or 60 mm off. Sirio sells replacement whips I think. Different length whips would come in handy of you like talking on different frequencies. You 10 meter guys really got to choke up on the bat.

I cut approximately 7 centimeters(didn't measure)off it with it being tuned for 11 meters. It could be cut another centimeter. That would suit me. It's 1:1:1 for the whole 11 Meter band. I messed up and posted two other pics on the thread'Antenna Analyzers' that I started.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.