• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K5IN warning letter opinion

Did it occur to you that this being his first time here to the forum he might have been nervous and did not really know how to break the ice ???????
Wow this is twice i see a newbie come on here and get a cold shoulder. Hmmmmm

First, you need a thick skin on the internet, especially on forums..

second, this is pretty obviously a troll... there are MUCH better ways to break the ice.. :oops:

third, If you post on controversial subjects be prepared to get called out, or don't do it....

I think you will see more threads welcoming nubs then negative ones, Shockingly I'm even guilty of welcoming one or two... :eek:

Hell I'll even prove it to ya....

http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-...hams-worldwide-radio-forum-23.html#post176190 :D

:pop:

You don't have to prove nothing to me.

Thank GOD for the way i was raised. Sorry buddy but i was taught to respect the people i meet. If i was trolled on oh well. If a nwby came on here and asked a question ( and was a troll ) or whatever you call it. I will answer with the up most respect and help if i can.
If i am a sucker ?? Then so be it.

First, you need a thick skin on the internet, especially on forums..

second, this is pretty obviously a troll... there are MUCH better ways to break the ice.. :oops:

third, If you post on controversial subjects be prepared to get called out, or don't do it....

I think you will see more threads welcoming nubs then negative ones, Shockingly I'm even guilty of welcoming one or two... :eek:

Hell I'll even prove it to ya....

http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-...hams-worldwide-radio-forum-23.html#post176190 :D

You can call me a troll all you wish, and frankly I do not care. I am not trying to break the ice. What I noticed about this message board is that people are not afraid to speak their minds. Other message boards that I have read and not joined are moderated be folks who try to be to politically correct deleted threads and posts.

I figured that this board is a good place talk about a couple of people in my opinion who need to grow up.

Nice to meet you and thank you for speaking your mind.
(y)

You don't have to prove nothing to me.

Thank GOD for the way i was raised. Sorry buddy but i was taught to respect the people i meet. If i was trolled on oh well. If a nwby came on here and asked a question ( and was a troll ) or whatever you call it. I will answer with the up most respect and help if i can.
If i am a sucker ?? Then so be it.

Wasn't trying to, it was a bit of cynical humor. Apparently lost somewhere....

If you took the time to look through the forum, and for that matter even my posts, you would see that more often then not people are welcomed, and even stupid questions usually answered with respect.

On the other hand, this is essentially an open forum, individuals ARE allowed to respond, or not respond as they see fit, within the rules set forth by the forum administrators. Now the best advice is if you don't like the way someone responds, this including myself, simply exercise your option to use the "Ignore" button.

Just a for instance, your remark on "Thank GOD for the way i was raised." is very inflammatory by nature, and not respectful at all, hence Highly hippo-critical.

Locking onto a couple of posts and making them an issue is not productive, and brings to mind an old saying about water under a bridge..

By all means please feel free to add me to your ignore list ;)

That reminds me of something...

MisterFatty am I still on your ignore list?

You can call me a troll all you wish, and frankly I do not care. I am not trying to break the ice. What I noticed about this message board is that people are not afraid to speak their minds. Other message boards that I have read and not joined are moderated be folks who try to be to politically correct deleted threads and posts.

I figured that this board is a good place talk about a couple of people in my opinion who need to grow up.

Nice to meet you and thank you for speaking your mind.
(y)

Welcome aboard! I still think it was a troll, and even a bit ridiculous to bring up, especially if the mentioned 6 year time frame is accurate.

I really don't agree with using that sort of language, but if it slips out who cares.... And yeah, I certainly must say it is rather mild compared to some of the conversations you can hear on almost a nightly basis...

The analysis of communities is certainly interesting, and to the point pretty accurate. I talk with a friend quite often and using that type of language is perfectly acceptable, now would I go to the local Grocery store and do it? Normally no... (y)

That reminds me of something...

MisterFatty am I still on your ignore list?

LOL, na I removed ya a while ago, some of your posts are simply amusing, and others are on the money..... Either way its annoying to see some empty post saying something about "this user is on your ignore list" :D

There are a few repeaters on 11 meters, whats the big deal???
is'nt fm mode of operation illegal on 11 meters in the U.S.A? if so that's the big deal and don't tell me because you have a license that make's it ok. Hams have to play by the same rules as non-licensed operators in the 27 mhz portion of the spectrum.

is'nt fm mode of operation illegal on 11 meters in the U.S.A? if so that's the big deal and don't tell me because you have a license that make's it ok. Hams have to play by the same rules as non-licensed operators in the 27 mhz portion of the spectrum.

I think the majority of us here know both FM and repeaters are illegal on 11 meters and that a ham license only authorizes the holder to use frequencies allocated for amateur radio.If someone wants to operate a beacon, repeater, non-certified radio or whatever outside of the rules and regulations they should know the risk involved and accept any repercussion.People will do what they want to do, right or wrong, it's their choice.If I am not involved it is no big deal to me.

Well thats kinda why I just left this go and didnt respond when I had to actually look at this lash out and go what!?? I knew it wasnt worth getting into and I wasnt trying to hurt anyones feelings and Im am honestly sorry that I did.

I was laughing because in the 25 years I played with 2 way radios ETC Ive personally never seen a 11 meter repeater nor could I understand why anyone with the knowledge of a repeaters inner workings and setups wouldnt be using a repeater on 2 meers 70 cm ETC instead of trying to set it up for 11 meters.

Anyways I must have bumped a soft spot and I atleast apologize for that I have a 10 year old daughter that at times when frustrated or gets mad throws comments or statements at me that kinda throw me for a loop but at that point I just have to remember that Im going to get nowhere in a debate at that point so its better off left for dead.

OHH YEAH AND WELCOME RADIOMANGUY!!

Last edited:

A repeater does not have to be FM, it could be AM just as easy. I believe there is/was an 11m repeater in the Dominican Republic operating on AM. Either way it is still illegal.

I think the majority of us here know both FM and repeaters are illegal on 11 meters and that a ham license only authorizes the holder to use frequencies allocated for amateur radio.If someone wants to operate a beacon, repeater, non-certified radio or whatever outside of the rules and regulations they should know the risk involved and accept any repercussion.People will do what they want to do, right or wrong, it's their choice.If I am not involved it is no big deal to me.
But yet I as a user of a CB radio have to tolerate any and all interference without any recourse by the FCC.

But yet I as a user of a CB radio have to tolerate any and all interference without any recourse by the FCC.

err............ when was the last time you were "interfered with" by an 11 meter FM repeater?

inquiring minds want to know:pop:

Dang...

This Thread has gotten quite funny..

Anyways...
Welcome to the forum..

Many here are quite good..
at times too serious..
at times maybe not enough...

Either way...who cares..
Just like the air ways it is what it is..

regarding talking on ham frequency's..
Ok so it is not church ( nor should it be)
Some is just too full of negitives or poor language..

This is why we are able to change the dial to a different frequency or channel..
Just as we can go instead to a different thread..

yes 11 meter beacon...or FM mode or any repeater is not allowed ( within USA) on 11 meters..

Nope i never had interference from any either..
if ever i do..i will change the channel or frequency..
( or step on them like a bug)

Either way..i will not lose sleep over it..
With the Economy as it is Now..

This is far from my worry list...LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.