• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K5IN warning letter opinion

radiomanguy

Jan 29, 2010
There is a website that has some information about this ham. He apparently used some bad language on the air and recieved a warning letter for it,

For more information go to:

Untitled

You can download the Recording the FCC got. Play and tell me did he cuss on the air please tell me what you think,

Is it anything like this?

fvi906.jpg

Trolling?

OK, I'll bite, but we'll be watching this thread closely. What is considered "indecent" in the U.S. is defined by the community, and this has much case-law behind it (as described to me by an attorney). What might be indecent in one community can be acceptable to another community. Ham radio is it's own community, and the people that frequent specific frequencies or repeaters may even constitute their own community. There are several frequencies here where the regulars use much harsher language than that and if someone complains, the complainer is told to spin the dial. There is a famous repeater here that allows pretty much anything goes. Past owners went to court with the FCC over this very issue and won using the community argument.

Not everything is as cut and dry as some people think they are.

THANK YOU THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I thought a few of you fellow amateur members would like this Ha ha ha haaaaaaaa!!! :LOL:

LMA:LOL:!!! You gotta be kidding me?? A beacon on 11 meters Im gonna p!$$ myself here OMG!! What next .....A REPATER??? For the mobiles and the boys that cant drop the how do they say it??? ( MAUL)??!!

LMA:LOL:!!! You gotta be kidding me?? A beacon on 11 meters Im gonna p!$$ myself here OMG!! What next .....A REPATER??? For the mobiles and the boys that cant drop the how do they say it??? ( MAUL)??!!

There are a few repeaters on 11 meters, whats the big deal???

It sure did sound like it to me,really need to slow it down some and listen again,

but to turn someone in for a single cuss work on air.....man they need to hit 80 or 160 meters sometime and scan around a bit and I am sure they will have alot of folks to turn in

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.