• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KD5BGT/JOPLIN,MO ?

The Tornado icons are either TVS (Tornado Vorticity Signature) or a confirmed tornado on the ground. TVS means that the radar signature suggests rotation, but has no confirmation on the ground. Best way to ratify weather data is with edumacated eyes on the ground.

Chance are, you may get extreme winds due to the bulging line of storms,
I've watching it all on my GR3 software nearly all day long . . .

Glad all of you are okay.
I hate seeing what is coming your way. Down here in Rogers/Bentonville there is a great amount of nervousness, too as we watch that line of storms head this way.

On a sad note, I've heard through the grapevine that there have been 66 deaths in the Home Depot destruction - one associate, and others are customers.

Before
before-620x345.jpg

After
after-620x301.jpg

Not much of a video but just listen, these people were in a convenience store after the power went out.
Notice the range of reactions.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnvxJZucds&feature=player_embedded[/youtube][/quote]

There was a couple of funnel clouds the local spotters saw,...but nothing touched down.....I have had all I want of tornados for a long time....

The Pitcher Oklahoma tornado that hit on mothers day a few years ago came within 4 miles of my house.....

I am beginning to wonder if my area has a bulls eye on it :confused:

Two nights ago I saw several funnels near my area and none of those touched the earth, I an neither a trained weather spotter nor ham radio operator and am happy about all of these.

We also had a few tornadoes through a couple of nights ago (Tues), four of them. Only one touched down (that I know of) and thankfully not here. Some people are silly enough to follow those things around. No idea if they are fortunate or not, guess that just depends on your attitude. Those 'idiots' are appreciated though! I don't normally do that chasing thingy, I'd rather sit in the EOC and do the relaying (if/when I can).
It's far from being just the hams doing that, there's lots of people helping. It does certainly help to get reliable confirmation of sightings, and it isn't just hams doing that either. Oh well, beats sitting around getting bored doesn't it? (Then again, being bored ain't that bad either!)
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.