• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TH-D72 Extended TX mod

Mod not working

I just picked one of these up in Japan for a good price and couldn't resist doing the mod, however, it doesn't work for me?

The unit has no diods at all on the main board in positions 1, 2, 3 and only 1x diode under the keys which needed to be swapped over (D729 -> D733).

I added a diode on position 3 on the main circuit board and nothing as changed in my transmit frequencies?

Open to suggestion but I might just leave the unit alone for now.

Regards

Neil.

Mod not working

I have now confirmed that moving the diode around the positions 1,2 & 3 only changes the devices area / region code.

I have a few questions before doing the mod :)

Is there any power drop when TX on the extended frequencies (173MHz in my case)?

Is stock antenna OK for TX on 173MHz, or maybe Midland SRH-536 that I have, how would they perform?

Thanks and 73!

Th-d72

I did this on my newer replacement and not all the frequencies open up like my 2 year old one did. could something have changed in the latest 2013 models?
I am able to transmit on some murs and none on frs.???

Hi @ all!

I got the TH-D72E (Europe) and want to extanded the TX, but it function it.

Question, the diode 3, it should not remove it, but I haven't it!!! mmmh???

Now I have removed 1,2,3 (no one), diode D729 and make a Full-Reset.

Mni tnx 73, Chris

Well... I did it today .... In my opinion You should not touch the screen at all. There's a speaker pannel just bellow lcd display and this is where d730, described as "1" can be found ...... thanks for the article and good luck ! SP9SCO Patrik

Attachments

• th-d72_inside_desc.jpg
    th-d72_inside_desc.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1,673
Th-d72

I did this on my newer replacement and not all the frequencies open up like my 2 year old one did. could something have changed in the latest 2013 models?
I am able to transmit on some murs and none on frs.???

JVT, did you every figure this out? have a D72A bought in 2014 so I'm concerned the mod may also not work for me.

I'm bummed. this mod didn't work. it didn't brick the radio. I purchased the TH-D72A as used, I don't know it's history or when it was purchased / made .. ..

Dzień dobry
Proszę diodować zdjęcie
Mam wersję Kenwood TH-D72E
Które diody LED należy usunąć

Czy ktoś ma na zdjęciu diody dla europy?
Aby przedłużyć transmisję
Dziękuję Ci.

Last edited:
Dzień dobry
Proszę diodować zdjęcie
Mam wersję Kenwood TH-D72E
Które diody LED należy usunąć

Czy ktoś ma na zdjęciu diody dla europy?
Aby przedłużyć transmisję
Dziękuję Ci.
Good morning
Please diode the picture
I have the Kenwood TH-D72E version
Which LEDs should be removed

Does anyone have diodes for Europe in the picture?
To extend the transmission
Thank you.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated