• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TM-G707A dual band

noyb72

Apr 19, 2007
This may be the wrong place to post this, but I'm sure there will be a mod involved somewhere.

Basically I love the form factor of this radio, it will work into my BroncoII dash just perfect. The issue is it's not what I want, I want a unit that works on CB/SSB and gets the NOAA weather chanels. Does anyone know of a mod that will get this unit to o what I want?

Thanks

Ron

If you happen to have a '707, I'll swap you a radio that will get the CB and weather channels. Of course, since the '707 has been discontinued... I may ask for some 'boot'.

And in a more serious vein, no mods for that conversion without a serious amount of building, and your 'form-factor' would be out the window(Vista)...
- 'Doc

If you mean a dual band 2/440, plus CB and the WX channels, I'm not aware of any that have that much 'low end' coverage (26-28 Mhz). My not being aware of them certainly doesn't mean no one makes them! I sort of think you're going to be stuck with adding a CB/WX radio to get those frequencies, or maybe a scanner? If you do find something that covers all those thingys I hope you let us/me know about it. Good luck!
- 'Doc

Do the scanner! No telling what else you might find interesting.

I don't even know what dual band means. I want something similar in physical size to the Kenwood unit that will transmit and recieve cb and ssb, and recieve the NOAA weather channels.
I don't need any other chanels, really don't understand what a frequency counter is for, and I don't want toys. I am just looking for recomendations for a quality product that will fit my needs. If I could rip the guts out of the Kenwood case and put a board in that would work I would consider that also (of course, unless I could buy it from Kenwood, that would be a really expensive case!)

Thank you very much for your help and replys, and I look forward and will consider all of your recomendations.

Ron

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.