• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TM-V71A RX/TX CTCSS Programming Issues

You can disregard everything posted by Crosley, he has been banned from this forum under other user names several times for exhibiting this same behavor.

His likes to go on and on about legal issues with radio equiptment, and it always ends up going down the crapper because he gets dazed and confused.

Jeff

Lol, yes that was one of his handles, his last rant was about how it is illegal to operate export radios on the 10/12 meter band and refused to stop even after he was presented a phone number to the FCC and a Case number confirming that they was as legal as ice cream for an ham to use.......
Oh well, moving on.

Jeff

I'm thinkin' the poor guy (charleshatten) that started the thread has probably resigned as a volunteer after this.

I'm thinkin' the poor guy (charleshatten) that started the thread has probably resigned as a volunteer after this.

LOL Well there is informing someone of the legalities (or illegalities) of what they want to do and then there is the harping and quoting legal mumbo-jumbo and being all up IN YOUR FACE!! about it. The best part is when they do that and start spewing false information as if it were fact. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
Well here goes. I am new to ham radio. I am using the MCP-2A to program my TM V71A. The frequency sheet that I am using has RX and TX freq. My question is (example) freq RX154.1900 TX 154.1900 has a RX CTC110.9 and the TX has a CTC 100.0 however the MCP-2A allows me to check the CTC , but I can only input one CTC # I am at a loss. thanx

Hello ,

The kenwood you have will not do so, some of the chinese ones will . my baofeng will do a seperate tone for rx and tx .

See if you can get your hands on a kenwood tk 790 that is an excellent commercial grade radio that is commonly used by emergency services and racing circuits. I have one but no way to program it . new it comes with software.

dont be discouraged, by the comments that may come across as impolite, negative. I realize your a new ham (as you have stated) .

There a few good guys who will tell you the right way instead of just saying you are wrong . pm me if you ever have a question you would like to ask.
I will always answer honestly and with etiquette. That is a great radio you have
Do you have any knowledge on APRS? in your line of work it can be of great value if you have a few other hams on the team.

stick around you will learn alot here .

Doc Cooper
SOC NSW
USN Retired

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.