• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood ts 130

Bearcat

Oct 25, 2015
is this a decent rig and what's the price for a fully functional one? I have a chance to get one for $250

Guys that have them really like them for an older basic rig. Make sure it's in good working order, of course. I'd probably try to get the price down from $250, though - that seems high to me.

ts130sL.jpg
Might be still high at $200 unless it has a desk mike/or external VFO...or maybe the extra receive filter...I bought one last summer at Hamfest...
WORKING with original mic/ manual /
new power cord and original box and packing with optional narrow CW filter...
$125.00 USD

Now be advised these can be a little quirky...They have some drift...most settle down in 15-20 minutes after cold start...Mobile in cold weather area...forget it...
MOST are VERY sensitive to any VSWR above 1.5:1 due to the final PA protection circuit unless it has been modified (readjusted)... Then caution and care as anything above 2:1 for even a few minutes after adjustment can take out the final transistors.
Otherwise nice rig...receivers are a little noisy but they are 30++ yrs old technology...
I still own a couple...one with matching EXT. VFO and Spr...the other has the very RARE Digital/ with Memories VFO-230 console and matching speaker and has the 2.8 and 2.4 INRAD SSB filters installed...so they are usable rigs and simple to use...Best desk mic is the Shure 444D for desk use IMHO...never cared for the MC-50 or MC-60 mics again just me...to me they sound "Tinny" MHO again...and they have ground loop issues with some radios...
GL
All the Best
Gary

PS: I guess I should have mentioned the rig I bought (at $125 USD) did need new lamps installed in the VFO and meter and the case was a little scratched but not badly. However it did work fully on all bands.
One more note: Though they are rated at 100 watts, normal output on those is really about 80-90 watts...not a big deal...75/40m will be best output...pretty close to spec. Then you may see a little drop in power on 20m on up, 10m normally around 75 watts...with voice peaks around 50-60 PEP...this is just what I have seen from owning several TS-120/130 rigs over the years...
Again not bad little rigs...Great starter or back up rig that will not break the bank.
The price range he is asking BC, I would expect it to be very clean, full output on every band as stated above,(including 17 and 12m) all lights working plus include the factory mic and manual...maybe even the original box...
Again MHO
GL BC
Hope it works out for you
All the Best
Gary

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearcat
ts130sL.jpg
Might be still high at $200 unless it has a desk mike/or external VFO...or maybe the extra receive filter...I bought one last summer at Hamfest...
WORKING with original mic/ manual /
new power cord and original box and packing with optional narrow CW filter...
$125.00 USD

Now be advised these can be a little quirky...They have some drift...most settle down in 15-20 minutes after cold start...Mobile in cold weather area...forget it...
MOST are VERY sensitive to any VSWR above 1.5:1 due to the final PA protection circuit unless it has been modified (readjusted)... Then caution and care as anything above 2:1 for even a few minutes after adjustment can take out the final transistors.
Otherwise nice rig...receivers are a little noisy but they are 30++ yrs old technology...
I still own a couple...one with matching EXT. VFO and Spr...the other has the very RARE Digital/ with Memories VFO-230 console and matching speaker and has the 2.8 and 2.4 INRAD SSB filters installed...so they are usable rigs and simple to use...Best desk mic is the Shure 444D for desk use IMHO...never cared for the MC-50 or MC-60 mics again just me...to me they sound "Tinny" MHO again...and they have ground loop issues with some radios...
GL
All the Best
Gary

PS: I guess I should have mentioned the rig I bought (at $125 USD) did need new lamps installed in the VFO and meter and the case was a little scratched but not badly. However it did work fully on all bands.
One more note: Though they are rated at 100 watts, normal output on those is really about 80-90 watts...not a big deal...75/40m will be best output...pretty close to spec. Then you may see a little drop in power on 20m on up, 10m normally around 75 watts...with voice peaks around 50-60 PEP...this is just what I have seen from owning several TS-120/130 rigs over the years...
Again not bad little rigs...Great starter or back up rig that will not break the bank.
The price range he is asking BC, I would expect it to be very clean, full output on every band as stated above,(including 17 and 12m) all lights working plus include the factory mic and manual...maybe even the original box...
Again MHO
GL BC
Hope it works out for you
All the Best
Gary

Might go with the 718

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated