• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood Ts 2000 no tx

[QUOTE="BJ radionut, [/QUOTE]
thanks that was the right one...

I looked at all the fuses and there all good. the fets have +13.8v

Ok well i am sending the radio out this week. I saved enough money up to hopefully cover the cost of repairs..
I am sending it to audio/video service lab www.avsl.net/ they where listed under Kenwood Service Centers. i talked to a guy there and we whet over the serial number and it looks like the parts are still available...
I am eager to fined out what fail in It, it was one of them it was working yesterday get home turn it on and no output power.. it it would have failed when i was using it then i would maybe have a clue on what whet wrong.. oh well wish me luck..

Avvid won't repair them anymore... and Cliff is top notch. Quote from his site:
TS2000

It seems the chinese cannot make a decent 2SC1972 (drivers in older TS2000's). I had to send the last batch back because of failures. Because of this if your TS2000 has lost power out on HF thru 2m I probably cannot repair it. Call if you have questions.

Good luck with yours, I hope you get it fixed!
Brett

Reactions: KD2GOE
Avvid won't repair them anymore... and Cliff is top notch. Quote from his site:
TS2000

It seems the chinese cannot make a decent 2SC1972 (drivers in older TS2000's). I had to send the last batch back because of failures. Because of this if your TS2000 has lost power out on HF thru 2m I probably cannot repair it. Call if you have questions.

Good luck with yours, I hope you get it fixed!
Brett

yeah that sucks! with every one swapping in Mosfets in to every thing i would think you can do the same for the drivers on the TS-2000 but i guess it is just to much work...
I got mine new in 2014 when i got my ticket so from what i am reading i have all fets and my UHF/VHF modes work..

ok talk to them over the phone one of the Fets fail.
There going to put a new battery in it and update the firmware
then ill be good to go!

Reactions: SMILEX2692002
I have the same problem with mine. It's at a service center now. Waiting to hear what is exactly wrong and how much.

Too much in a small cabinet. With all the heat produced with insufficient heat sinking
and limited airflow it is a recipe for disaster.
The concept of the TS-2000 was great, so many features, especially the cross band
repeat.
With a larger chassis better heat sinking & at least dual fans many of these type failures could have been eliminated.
Another screwup thanks to the "Bean Counters" at corporate.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated