• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS440S: No QRP...

Just in case you have 400 bucks burning a hole in your pocket...
http://hamstation.com/shopping/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=4668

Looks like a nice one. I don't know anything about the site, though.

Brett

Yikes. I paid $400 Canadian for a beautiful TS-820S in nearly mint shape with YG88C cw filter along with the matching VFO-820, and M-50 microphone. There was a bit of yellowing on the white PTT bar of the mic but the transceiver was pristine inside and out with no wear around the knobs and no wear of the lettering.

"radiomart"'s:eek:

STINK%20EYE_zpseyolebqc.jpg

Reactions: Road Squawker
Yikes. I paid $400 Canadian for a beautiful TS-820S in nearly mint shape with YG88C cw filter along with the matching VFO-820, and M-50 microphone. There was a bit of yellowing on the white PTT bar of the mic but the transceiver was pristine inside and out with no wear around the knobs and no wear of the lettering.
That's an incredibly good deal. You know I practically stole my 520, but I rarely see 820's or 830's going for less than 300 bucks unless they are broken. :LOL:

Brett

That's an incredibly good deal. You know I practically stole my 520, but I rarely see 820's or 830's going for less than 300 bucks unless they are broken. :LOL:

Brett

I thought it was a decent deal. :) I can't remember what I paid for my TS-520 with matching external VFO and digital frequency readout. $325??? I told the wife so many different prices of things I have bought over the years that the truth got lost somewhere between me clicking on BUY IT NOW and it coming in the door.

I thought it was a decent deal. :) I can't remember what I paid for my TS-520 with matching external VFO and digital frequency readout. $325??? I told the wife so many different prices of things I have bought over the years that the truth got lost somewhere between me clicking on BUY IT NOW and it coming in the door.
I got my 520 for 125 dollars. And it works great. I added a digital readout to it for another 165, although once I figured it out and calibrated the vfo dial, it is surprisingly accurate. I still like the build quality of the 520 over the 830. Bigger rig, bigger meter, bigger knobs... I just wish it had the features of my 830.

Brett

I also sort of have to explain the costs of radios and equipment.
I informed the wife I was going to buy a piece of equipment this weekend.
A radio.
She started pointing to all the radios I have sitting in the shack ( she has no idea what I have in the storage bubble wrapped up) when she got done pointing at the radios she asked me why I needed another radio.

I asked one questions.
"How many bra's do you have?"
I pick the radio up Saturday.

I also sort of have to explain the costs of radios and equipment.
I informed the wife I was going to buy a piece of equipment this weekend.
A radio.
She started pointing to all the radios I have sitting in the shack ( she has no idea what I have in the storage bubble wrapped up) when she got done pointing at the radios she asked me why I needed another radio.

I asked one questions.
"How many bra's do you have?"
I pick the radio up Saturday.
I said the same thing to mine, except you can replace the word "bra's" with "Coach purses" or "shoes". :LOL:
Keep fightin' the good fight, wavrider!

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated