• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS890 Clock keeps resetting after brief power outage

Walkin' the dog
Sep 12, 2009
Chilliwack, BC
www.youtube.com
It has a battery but I tested it and its good and the radio is only a year old.
I use a Samlex 1223 to power it.
It only does this when the radio is on and the power goes off for about 10 seconds.

Is something trying to run the radio off the clock battery?
For $5000CAD I'd think this kinda shit wouldn't happen, but I guess not

I shut off the radio and turned off the PS and unplugged everything yesterday because there was some lightning. it was only an hour and the clock was reset.
maybe I'll replace the battery even though its good, maybe it cant handle a load?
strange

I have never had problems with mine, when I go away for many days I turn off ps, otherwise it is always on. I made a total reset once and I had to adjust the time. Possibly the battery is gone, or maybe the contacts are dirty. Good luck .

Attachments

• 35EDAC22-D8F5-4C13-8127-6774B9FFA4A3.jpeg
    35EDAC22-D8F5-4C13-8127-6774B9FFA4A3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Reactions: 357
I pulled it out to check it today. its dead as a nit.
right on kenwood! I drove all over town, nobody has one, can barely find one online within 5000km. its obviously a piece of crap if its dead in 2 years. theres 3v there for it too.
Mouser does not presently sell this product in your region.
Digikey cant ship them either, totally awesome battery choice

Last edited:
I bought about 10 of these a year or 2 ago from Amazon for about $5.00 to replace the batteries in a friends TS-940.

Might be an option??

David

Attachments

• 61BA025A-42F6-4DDF-9EF1-2936F8CC4CD3.jpeg
    61BA025A-42F6-4DDF-9EF1-2936F8CC4CD3.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Reactions: 357
I bought about 10 of these a year or 2 ago from Amazon for about $5.00 to replace the batteries in a friends TS-940.

Might be an option??

David
ya I thought of that but it needs to be rechargeable and this thing is tiny. I'm not sure what the charging circuit would allow. Its a good idea and if I find a ml614 and it dies again in 1 year then I'll have to find a way to go that route.
That is a good idea though thank you

I pulled it out to check it today. its dead as a nit.
right on kenwood! I drove all over town, nobody has one, can barely find one online within 5000km. its obviously a piece of crap if its dead in 2 years. theres 3v there for it too.
Mouser does not presently sell this product in your region.
Digikey cant ship them either, totally awesome battery choice
The battery was probably sitting around for a few years before it was put in the radio.

I ended up getting 10 ML614 batteries off aliexp. put in a new one, let it charge and now the clock is good if the power goes out or I hit the power suplly off. It was just a dud battery from the factory I guess

Reactions: unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated