• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Key switch for Astatic mics

RBR762

May 31, 2009
Have you been trying to find a replacement key up switch for your old 575-M6
or RD104 (ROAD DEVIL) mic with no luck.
Have you tried emailing Barjan and Astatic only to get no reply or maybe a "there not available at this time, have you tried Mouser electronics" etc...
Well I came across an old cb shop that went under and managed to purchase a couple of there parts drawers that just happen to have about 150 of the original key switches for these great old mics.
They are direct replacements and have never been installed, I am keeping about 25 for myself (should last me my lifetime) and selling the rest.
Price is 2 switches for 12$ and that includes shipping.
Paypal or postal m.o. only and I will ship as soon as payment is received and will email you when it ships.
Thanks for looking and 73s-Robert

Attachments

• ASTATIC SWITCH.jpg
    ASTATIC SWITCH.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Have you tried emailing Barjan and Astatic only to get no reply or maybe a "there not available at this time, have you tried Mouser electronics" etc...
Well I came across an old cb shop that went under and managed to purchase a couple of there parts drawers that just happen to have about 150 of the original key switches for these great old mics.
They are direct replacements and have never been installed, I am keeping about 25 for myself (should last me my lifetime) and selling the rest.
Paypal or postal m.o. only and I will ship as soon as payment is received and will email you when it ships.
Hi Robert. I was wondering if you have any of the swtches for the Road Devil mic left. Please email me at kb5nmb@gmail.com, thanks.

Still a few left. Received mine a few months back. Just need to install . . assuming I can find the blasted thing.
I just picked up a 575 last night with a physically broken switch and I am unable to find any of these. Do you know of a source? I just need 1....

Thanks!

Yes I can send you a new one. Do you still have my number? Text me if you do. I trued to respond to your conversation you started, but for some reason it wont come up.

Yes I can send you a new one. Do you still have my number? Text me if you do. I trued to respond to your conversation you started, but for some reason it wont come up.
The ebay listing is no longer up. I would like to get a switch to fix my red devil mic. If you can help shoot me an email ko4mkp@gmail.com

If the switch is getting scratchy when you key, then there is a simple fix. The audio wire does not need to be switched, and is not switched on a radio that has vox functionality. Put a jumper across the switch on the audio wire, or move the wire to connect them together. The keying of the radio already turns the audio on and off. This will keep the old mics going when the switch becomes unobtanium.

I do not have any of the latest version Red Devil mics, only a few from the 90’s. Unless I am wrong I do not believe they used the same switch as the most common D104-M6B type mics.
No sir they used 2 different switches. Thankfully I have some of both to fit the newer versions but none of the oldies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.