• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kl203p blown capacitor

455monte

Mar 1, 2021
After about 6 months my kl203p stopped working. Removed cover and found c14 capicitor blown. Can someone tell me what this cap does and why it blew?
Amp is attached to a stock uniden 980 that dead keys 2.5 watts. Amp has a fan i attached to it and runs whenever amp is on.
If it matters this is a mobile set up with a 102 whip antenna with less than a 1.5 swr.
Thanks in advance!

So if i replace the cap and that takes care if amp does any of u guys know which pot turns down the deadkey on the uniden 980? So i can prevent this from happening again?
And is there a seperate pot for sideband?

455monte,
I think the variable resistors in the 980 are marked on the circuit board as to their function. It's been more than a year since I have been into one but I'm pretty sure that is the case.
There may be some "Chinglish" decoding necessary as to the markings, but I'm sure you can figure it out. (maybe marked "AMPWR" or AMOut" or???)
One other note, I believe the variable resistors in the 980 will turn 360 degrees-there is no stop.

David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated