• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

largest beam antenna you have seen?

What about that woodpecker system ?
Allthough this is in the cb-antenna section perhaps ham/etc those dont count :)

If only for 27mhz ;
http://cb-antennas.com/?page_id=882

if u know anything larger for cb im really interested.

kind regards h.
Henry, I am glad you replied to the post. Yes plans for big antenna in the works I would like that you would be part of it if you will? Stack 60 plus footers debating number of elements. More info to come Rotor and tower first. But will keep in touch. Thanks!

I used to be QRMed by this site. Naval Radio station CFH. The longwave transmitter on 127 KHz and another on 436 KHz were transmitted from the large inverted cone antenna seen as a pentagram in the middle below. The towers supporting the cables making up the antenna are nearly 600 feet high each. There are a couple Rhode & Swhartz rotatable 3-30 LPDA's near the top center. They look like the letter Y. The site is 12 miles line of sight from home. With a 600 foot antenna on my receiver I could hear the 10 Kw driver leaking thru the final tubes when the key was UP. Lord help that receiver when the key was DOWN and 250 Kw was blasting out.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.9665216,-63.982855,1485m/data=!3m1!1e3

https://www.google.ca/maps/@44.9650...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sNdzPJ_aWAruIbWKeO5kkXw!2e0

The site has lots of wideband vertical antennas in fixed directions and a couple look like half of a log yagi standing vertically.

Last edited:
No kidding. I eventually made a notch filter that was about 70 dB deep at notch to get rid of that horrendous signal as it was causing havoc with my receiver on the broadcast and longwave bands.

What is the biggest antenna you seen or built? Here is one that I help build 2 months ago. stacked 8s on 50 foot booms and 20' stacking kit this is made from couple of laser 500 by maco. it sets at 2025 foot elevation on a mountain top around 32 feet of the ground.

Largest 11 meter I've seen.

11893-45a9ec6ef2ac9dfe048425a1a4852e65.jpg
11894-c257709e9c3ddf0058370c2884df6f53.jpg

Attachments

• beam.jpg
    beam.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 97
  • themouthandthemaul.jpg
    themouthandthemaul.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 89
Beautifull isnt it ?

Was wondering ...Have you heard David (43rc005) recently if i may ask ?
He was quite active about 3 years ago...but seem to miss him lately..

Thanks,

H.

I talked to him about 2 years ago just the one time. Havent heard him any more. He was only running 40 watts when we talked.

Haven't seen it yet the guy is still getting it ready to put together in the spring but he currently runs an 8 element cubicle quad and is upgrading to a 12 element cubicle quad. It will be a full wave horizontally polarized configuration. Tower height is 65 feet. He lives in Washington State.
There is a gentleman in France that I talk to when conditions come in that is running a 12 element horizontal yagi he built from Sirio 4 element beams. I did have pictures of it but lost them. He uses a hand crank system as a rotor. It's only at 40 feet above ground but when he comes in here he's booming.

I talked to a guy in gearldton aus using a 10 element quad on a 80 ft boom 100 ft in the air. My longest contact was with him at about 15000 miles long path. Here it http://www.shackpix.com/main/details.php?image_id=1759is!

Would love to go to Geraldton. My aunt lives there. Emigrated years ago and never came back. Not that I blame her. Xmas dinner on the beach or sitting next to an eskimo in Scotland. Fucking tough choice. I should have emigrated there myself 6 year ago when I got offered.

I imagine the local qrm is a bit ott mind.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated