• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lastest Hi Tech flashlights...

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
.....any buddy out there using these?

It seems that they are really progressing with these new lights. Many of them are getting up into the 700 lumens and beyond.
I just got one here a month ago and man what a light - it will throw a beam 315 yards and light a house up at that distance.

tk40.jpg
8aabatterys.jpg

This light is very "rugged" and very "bright". But, this light is just drop in the bucket as to what is on the horizon. I have seen several that are producing 1200 lumens and you will soon see them up to 6000 lumens, being capable of throwing a beam easy to 1/2 mile.

I like this light so well that I just purchased another last week - one for the house, one for the truck.

Last edited:

After reading many reviews on flashlights it seemed the best value was a Stanley HID light . Well a trip to wallyworld and I got me a Stanley HID. These new HID type lights are amazing!!

.....any buddy out there using these?

It seems that they are really progressing with these new lights. Many of them are getting up into the 700 lumens and beyond.
I just got one here a month ago and man what a light - it will throw a beam 315 yards and light a house up at that distance.

tk40.jpg
8aabatterys.jpg

This light is very "rugged" and very "bright". But, this light is just drop in the bucket as to what is on the horizon. I have seen several that are producing 1200 lumens and you will soon see them up to 6000 lumens, being capable of throwing a beam easy to 1/2 mile.

I like this light so well that I just purchased another last week - one for the house, one for the truck.

So what does this one cost? I have many LED flashlights, they're all I use anymore. You can get some dang bright, far reaching beams for cheap. I've seen many of these "tactical" looking lights that no doubt work well but when you're talking over $150 bucks or more for a figgin' flashlight I have to roll my eyes and slink away to the next item.

The TK40 I got for $137. The prices range from the small lights ($40) to the larger lights ($400 +).

But like anything else you buy, the more you pay, usually the better the product. Like you can buy a 2950dx radio for $300 new, but to get a better radio, like Icom/Kenwood, then it will cost you more.

I gave my 5 cell Maglite away to my son last week, it didn't even come close to the TK40.

Mike,
I was just reading about the 950 and it seems like a nice light - how do you like it? Has it got a good run time?
60-80 minutes on High. It have good throw with just right amount of flood. I'm using this light as my bike front light, amazing WOW factor ;)
Mike

Larry, I have 2 of the Fenix lights, love em, both have been dunked several time and work great, I did however skip using the rechargeables in them. The run time on them sucked. I used a couple high end batteries as a test and the voltage at around 1.8 per cell made the light a LOT better than the 1.3-1.5 at best I was getting with the rechargeables.

Larry, I have 2 of the Fenix lights, love em, both have been dunked several time and work great, I did however skip using the rechargeables in them. The run time on them sucked. I used a couple high end batteries as a test and the voltage at around 1.8 per cell made the light a LOT better than the 1.3-1.5 at best I was getting with the rechargeables.

Put 14500 in it. I'm using them insstead of NiMh in my AA lights.
Mike

Put 14500 in it. I'm using them insstead of NiMh in my AA lights.
Mike
The main reason why I decided on the TK40 was; I already had 36 AA batteries here. So it was logical that I just start out with this light.

All the batteries are 2700mAh Powerx and they work quite well in this light. The batteries in the picture are Eveready 2500mah and they don't work near as good as the Powerx (so I gave them to my son). I am also trying out the Powerx Imedion AA's, they are similar to the Sanyo Enloop's at 2000mah.

The Sanyo and Powerx 2700 batteries are the top choices out there now for the AA's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.