• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

leave it up or take it down

1iwilly

Dec 7, 2008
where are the fl guys are you taking down your CB base antennas or taking a chance with this hurricane on weds 9-28-22
I'm debating its a brand new only 3 months or Sirio 2016:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Reactions: Rwb

I know someone on the northeast coast that has already laid the tower down.
I watched a vid of the NOAA plane that flys into these things in this one.
Crazy crazy.
They say wind gusts as high as 160mph in the storm it's self.
It sure hammered the islands.
And
There is another one brewing that looks just as bad.

Jeff

If you spent big money on a quality antenna system, why even contemplate leaving it up? Of course lower it and prep it for the storm. Now if its just some cheap $150 vertical on a push up mast then who cares, let her ride and talk during the storm.

Reactions: walterjn and Rwb
where are the fl guys are you taking down your CB base antennas or taking a chance with this hurricane on weds 9-28-22
I'm debating its a brand new only 3 months or Sirio 2016:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
test it out for us.flying debris be my concern on a sirio in a hurricane.

Reactions: Crawdad

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.