• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

legal linear

Based on the “100x better reception” remark, I’m betting it’s a receive preamp. If I recall correctly, I think some other CB preamp manufactures called their product “Linear” in an effort to deceive buyers. I wonder if there’s any writing on the back of the card and I'm curious to know what the 5K pot is about. There was a time that I would buy this item for investigation sake, but not today.

Wasn't these similar to what you'd find in an old J.C. Whitney catalog - called MAKE YOUR WHOLE CAR A CB ANTENNA - No drilling, no mounting - just install this device and it makes your entire car a CB antenna - CB Antenna - antenna?

Cobra had these things too - like a "balun" and you have a hex-key to tune a slug to make it have the lowest SWR - so if you had an AM/FM antenna - this patched in line with the coax connector to the Car radio and the other end had the SO-239 for your CB.

So I imagine this was "Coil" you inserted into the back of the radio - and the wire on the package went to a ground - cold- water pipe and acted a an extra radiator, pickup - Balun even, for the Receive - like a no-ground antenna - extra lead-in for reception.

Did those things work?? I would like to own a Corvette one day and I fear that the CB I want to put in it will suck because the body is fiberglass.

Use a 1/2 wave antenna & it does NOT need any ground & they are used a lot in Amateur Radio just because of that.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.