• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lester Custom Truck Shop

Yeah I paid with Paypal, so not sure about the refund part, but plan to call them soon. 2 years next month for me.

Interesting 73's, Retro
Thats crazy. How does someone keep paying customers like that? My experience was back in 2015 I think so this is nothing new. He never replied to any of my contact attempts either if I remember correctly. I was pretty disappointed but then glad I didnt spend $389 for a 959.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
If you read the fine print it says 260 to 300 days for a custom radio!! To damn long!!
And he says.... (This is how it works folks. When you place an order for one of our custom radios we immediately (that day) order the necessary parts needed to build that radio including the donor radio, and set them aside for your build. So we have already invested your money in your order. We do this to prevent coming up short of the parts needed because it was discontinued or changed. (Which happens a lot!) I know this is a long time folks. But I'm only one person. I will work as fast as I can, without compromising quality, to get your order out. So as it says above, if you are an impatient person, do not order from me.)

Reactions: undertaker
And he says.... (This is how it works folks. When you place an order for one of our custom radios we immediately (that day) order the necessary parts needed to build that radio including the donor radio, and set them aside for your build. So we have already invested your money in your order. We do this to prevent coming up short of the parts needed because it was discontinued or changed. (Which happens a lot!) I know this is a long time folks. But I'm only one person. I will work as fast as I can, without compromising quality, to get your order out. So as it says above, if you are an impatient person, do not order from me.)

That certainly didn't happen in my case. I was told 10 weeks into an 8-10 week build I was quoted that he had to "order more 10 turns and face plates". If you cant get the job done on your own time frame you have a huge problem. Granted this was 5 years ago. If youre a year or two out on your builds you are biting off more than you can chew. Punctuality is a very important part of building trust and trust is the corner block of business especially with people able to tell about their experiences online for all to search and see. You build good business relationships by keeping your word. Hes not selling $25 toys. Hes charging big bucks for his work and not delivering in some cases.
Now about patience. I didnt ask about my build at week 2,3,4,5,6, or week 7. I sent a nice email asking the status on week 8 and was ignored for another 10 days till I started getting a little annoyed. Then I was told he still had to order parts. That screams unreliable and unorganized to me since he said 10 weeks ago he was ordering all the parts. Les has proven to me hes not a man of his word unfortunately and I can never give him any kind of a good recommendation. All ill say is
BUYER BEWARE.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.