• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Let's please leave CH 19 27.185 for the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen B

762 Florida
Dec 20, 2020
Please don't be like this guy on CH 19. I heard lots of drivers in my state cursing this guy out while he was making this video. They were all trying to talk about a wreck and give each other advice on where to turn off, and this guy is just telling everyone they don't know what they are doing on the air.

So skip was taking out drivers within a couple miles of each other? Thats conditions and theres not much you can do about conditions. Even though 163 is a total douchebag he probably had no clue about what was happening states away in the land of skip.
19 is a local channel here and has been for decades. I dont see any of that changing anytime soon. Most folks here help the drivers though we do have a local or 2 that will cause headaches now and then. Not much you can do about it though.
Best thing for the drivers to do is drop down a channel to get away from the traffic, theres 40 channels to choose from.

Here in Cali from the grapevine up through Norcal most of the drivers run 17 and so do many locals up and down the valley.
And like Tokin said most are helpful, with a few knuckleheads sprinkled in to keep it interesting.
When DX is rolling it's a crap shoot no telling who is hearing who.
Not much you can do about DX.

Jeff

i shoot skip on 19 all the time. its a fun am freq when the skip rolls. i hit ch 9 too, i got some weird contacts on that one a few times.
Alot of the islands around the Bahamas run ch9 and as i mentioned 19 is a local hangout here so its only natural to answer when skip calls. If 19 gets too messy and sounding like a hornets nest which it often does ill venture out and smell the flowers on 11,9,17 and any of the 20's, barefoot of course as im The Man With No Shoes Tampa Bay ;)

Hell, 163 was fairly mild in this one. I was scanning the band the other night and he locked up the channel for two hours straight, talking about all the "crooked" techs and screwdriver jockeys out there. Bragging up his own over priced, 1 year delivery crap.

I love CB radio, but in nearly four years of Ham radio, operating mostly on 10, 20 and 40 meters, I have yet to hear a single knucklehead. Nary a one.

Not saying they're not out there, but statistically speaking, they are surely few and far between.

I never figured out why someone hasn't done something about this dude. He gets over $700 for a $350 radio and it takes a year to get one. Then complains about being so far behind but has plenty of time to run his dog and play on the air.

https://finetunecbshopexposed.blogspot.com/

I talked to a trucker the other day on 19 that said next time he goes by NM he was going to go find Mark, and not to buy a radio!

It would be nice if people wouldn't purposefully shoot skip on 19. It has long been regarded as the hwy channel.

We're not impressed by your over modulated splatter boxes with echo and Tinkerbells (roger beeps)and other noise toys.

It seems to never fail when there is winter WX or big accidents on the hwy, the skip comes rolling in covering up useful information for those of us on the road need to hear.

Channel 28 is a big skip channel along with a few others so use those so you can be with your fellow skip shooters.

Would you guys that purposely skip on 19 run AM or now legally use FM on channel 38 which is primarily a gentlemens agreement LSB channel? That would be asinine wouldn’t it?

Respect for the airwaves is simply too much to ask for some people!

It would be nice if people wouldn't purposefully shoot skip on 19. It has long been regarded as the hwy channel.

We're not impressed by your over modulated splatter boxes with echo and Tinkerbells (roger beeps)and other noise toys.

It seems to never fail when there is winter WX or big accidents on the hwy, the skip comes rolling in covering up useful information for those of us on the road need to hear.

Channel 28 is a big skip channel along with a few others so use those so you can be with your fellow skip shooters.

Would you guys that purposely skip on 19 run AM or now legally use FM on channel 38 which is primarily a gentlemens agreement LSB channel? That would be asinine wouldn’t it?

Respect for the airwaves is simply too much to ask for some people!

:LOL:o_O

I never figured out why someone hasn't done something about this dude. He gets over $700 for a $350 radio and it takes a year to get one. Then complains about being so far behind but has plenty of time to run his dog and play on the air.

https://finetunecbshopexposed.blogspot.com/

I've wondered the same. You'd figure that priority would be to fulfill those orders for paying customers rather than to run his pie hole to just glorify himself while degrading others....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.