• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Let's please leave CH 19 27.185 for the drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell, 163 was fairly mild in this one. I was scanning the band the other night and he locked up the channel for two hours straight, talking about all the "crooked" techs and screwdriver jockeys out there. Bragging up his own over priced, 1 year delivery crap.
I have never heard anyone responding to him. Does he communicate with anyone?

It would be nice if people wouldn't purposefully shoot skip on 19. It has long been regarded as the hwy channel.

We're not impressed by your over modulated splatter boxes with echo and Tinkerbells (roger beeps)and other noise toys.

It seems to never fail when there is winter WX or big accidents on the hwy, the skip comes rolling in covering up useful information for those of us on the road need to hear.

Channel 28 is a big skip channel along with a few others so use those so you can be with your fellow skip shooters.

Would you guys that purposely skip on 19 run AM or now legally use FM on channel 38 which is primarily a gentlemens agreement LSB channel? That would be asinine wouldn’t it?

Respect for the airwaves is simply too much to ask for some people!
I live fairly close to the NY Thruway in Upstate NY (between Albany and Syracuse) and I would never talk skip on Ch. 9 and/or Ch.19.

Same here in SoCal. Not sure for how long but definitely local yip yap.
Same here in Central NY. I was introduced to CB in 1965 @ seventeen years old and the only time we talked on Ch. 19 was when a trucker and/or traveler was asking for directions, or we called law enforcement to report an emergency. If we needed to maintain communication for an emergency, we moved to Ch. 9. Now that I am very close to the NY Thruway, a local base station talking local or skip on Ch.19 would definitely interfere with truckers / travelers who are communicating on Ch. 19.

the bottom line is 11m is not a licensed frequency/mode designated service. the 60's are over. you have 40 channels to use any mode of transmission that you want at any time that you want. no fcc designation here. you wanna use am on 38? go for it. you wanna use ssb on 19? do it. you wanna use fm on 6? hell, why not. if you dont like it, suck it up or find another form of comm's.

Last edited:
I heard the NM dessert today in SW PA around noon. The broadcast today definitely sounded like a watergate, sounded like one was playing in the area as others have commented. He sounded like he was talking to drivers in the Midwest. No skip coming in today at the same time so it sounded like a silly one sided conversation. I have heard other times when skip was rolling, this did not sound like those broadcast. Definitely annoys routine traffic on Channel 19 on Interstate and water bottle gas well traffic. A lot of water bottles run Channel 15. Locals make contact on 19 then change to another channel for conversation. The most common traffic talking skip on Channel 19 that can be heard in this area comes from Ohio or the South.

Reactions: Allen B
All and all I believe in giving guys credit for making a market for their services. Creating a market for a 700.00 Stryker. Just like creating a market for CB radio douching, the infamous SuperWackPack, or Top Gun mods. They are a products and services. A lot of CB shops and Truck Washes advertise on Channel 19 without annoying routine traffic of professional drivers. I can still remember they professional ladies up on I-80 putting the menu for the day out there. The ladies at least asked you to drop to another channel to place an order. I am sure Bozo made some money with the CB Radio Circus sites. I remember being on that forum until I started to realize that the answer to every problem was to buy a Radioactive Radio. Sparky was sending products to the guy in New England to review on YouTube, surprisingly every review was positive. It’s always been buyer beware. This forum provides a lot of great information for new and experienced members. I am not a tech, I have the soldering skills of a 12 year old. Not to mention I spell like a 5th grader.

Hell, 163 was fairly mild in this one. I was scanning the band the other night and he locked up the channel for two hours straight, talking about all the "crooked" techs and screwdriver jockeys out there. Bragging up his own over priced, 1 year delivery crap.
He gets to be a little annoying when I am monitoring Ch. 19 and it is quiet and then he breaks the squelch and rants on for several minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.