• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lik2race-New Member

Lik2race

Apr 9, 2009
Hey Guys,
Stan ..aka Lik2race here. I have come to this site several times for good information,
and many great tips. So I figured that I might as well join up, and share all the benefits.
I'm not new to the radio scene, just ONLY as a CB operator. I got my first CB in 1973
while I was working in Texas- little Midland mobile; used a power supply to run it as a
base station- had a Avanti Astro Plane antenna,75' in the air. Kept a Swan foot warmer
under the desk-in case of emergencies..lol Later I moved up to a DAK Mark IX.
When I came back to Charleston, SC , I was out of the CB stuff for many years, then
for some reason, I got back in. Had a RCI 2950 mobile, power supply, D104, and a
"Big Stick". After a year or so, I moved up to a RCI 2990- fully tuned-"Bored & Stroked"
with a small 500 watt Amp. I used this for several years; I sold all my radio stuff in
2004-Reason why..I can't remember now..duh !!
Anyway. about 2 months ago, I was at a friend's house visting, saw his RCI 2980
sitting on the bench, I started talking..and got the urge again..lol
Presently I am using a "StarDuster" look alike ( only 30' up though ), and a
Browning Golden Eagle Mark III- has a Channel Kit in it for 40 channels- & a D104.
I also have a Galaxy DX 2547-40 channel for a 'back-up' so to speak.
For my 63rd birthday, my 47 year old Fiancee' bought me a IMAX 2000...
It'll be put up in a tree , about 80' up. Sunday afternoon hopefully
I look forward to learning more about these radios...maybe someday I can move up
to the "Big Dogs" level..
Take care,
Stan

Welcome aboard, Stan! Your radio history sounds interesting, and it's always good to hear from fellow CB'ers who got in the game back in the 60's and 70's. Those were the days...

You should really like the IMAX 2K. Mine works great from about 26 to 28 MHz.

7-thirds!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.