• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lincoln II +v3 or Anytone 5555+ v6 (not n)

im satisfied with my lincoln vii plus. but its far from a galaxy. need to rebuild my old 99v .its rode all over 48 states n never let me down. put it on base n she slowly started going down. heck they are all decent radios anymore

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
I have not owned a Anytone yet but I have zero complains with my Lincoln II+ v3 set up as a base station. SSB is stable, modulation is decent and audio quality is clear in all modes. The Anytone probably has the same but the President comes out the box with all the cool FM stuff, repeater offsets, CTS, DCS and programmable channels making it useful for ham.

I had the rci 2970-3 a lot of power over 300 watts had it for 1 or 2 days smoked it and sold it for $150.00 as junk. The radio just got to HOT to FAST and and I had a 1 to 1.1 swr . No more rci,s for me . I have the 6666 and the 5555N2. , love the 6666 out of the box it,s a great radio . The N2 is a very good radio , I had a few problems with it , most were just me not doing something the right way and the weather still won't work on mine . But for my money the anytones are number one .

Just fyi per the Mfg the 5555 has a flaw when trying to key CW with it. I had sold my 5555 v6 unit a few years back to someone based on spec for CW use and got immediate response from him as the buyer, and direct from Mfg there was a delay like flaw with the 5555. There use to be Ytube videos up about it also.

I currently run the 6666 just fine and had it setup to push 50w or less when cranked up to avoid the old "heat" issues. I don't use for CW at all.

Thanks for all of the responses. I went with the lincoln 2 this time and am really enjoying it so far.16605046683021558576400.jpgI was able to get a good deal on a used unit localy or I probably would have went with the 5555. The receive audio is much better than I expected, just need to turn down the am modulation so my meter doesent swing backwards.

Reactions: Rwb
Thanks for all of the responses. I went with the lincoln 2 this time and am really enjoying it so far.View attachment 60192I was able to get a good deal on a used unit localy or I probably would have went with the 5555. The receive audio is much better than I expected, just need to turn down the am modulation so my meter doesent swing backwards.
Thanks for all of the responses. I went with the lincoln 2 this time and am really enjoying it so far.View attachment 60192I was able to get a good deal on a used unit localy or I probably would have went with the 5555. The receive audio is much better than I expected, just need to turn down the am modulation so my meter doesent swing backwards.
you will like it.its got lots of stuff inside it.im liking mine well.

I agree on the quad 6, it's been my go to for a few years now. It might soon be dethroned by the 7900v (5555n2 clone) because word on the forum is that it's a performer. But for now, the quad 6 rules with the 5555n at a close second. The president just didn't quite cut it for my use.
I installed the top gun md1 modulator to the 5555v6 and see 20 avg and 60 pep and this radio is hard to beat especially for the price. At the time was around 225 bucks.
I also just acquired a Lincoln 2+v3 that I had to put two shorted fets, the power transistor, and the small surface mount 1 amp driver transistor. So far the avg power on the Lincoln is a bit lacking luster. I think I'm going to do the NPC mod on this thing.
I personally have seen many failures of the Lincoln2 in my area but we pound the snot out of anytones and not one had died yet. Just my 2 cents worth and it should be taken with a grain of salt.

I think the anytone would probably be easier to operate with the knobs and the big frequency counter display, but the lincoln sure gets the job done, my local cb shop has a president microphone with a broken ptt that I am going to use to make a desk mike. Also has anyone seen the new president boom mic for vox on their web site?

I think the anytone would probably be easier to operate with the knobs and the big frequency counter display, but the lincoln sure gets the job done, my local cb shop has a president microphone with a broken ptt that I am going to use to make a desk mike. Also has anyone seen the new president boom mic for vox on their web site?
6666 clarifier knob looks like its badly located 5555 not so bad,lincoln is ok but they all could be more user friendly. all 3 look like squeeze knobs up tight n who cares

so far my lincoln is working just fine
I did the NPC mod on c68 last night and the radio did wake up considerably. Now I can put the radio in the same category as the 5555v6 as the power output is about the same. Just an observation but it seems like the lincoln 2 radios are alot less forgiving of unfavorable conditions like bad SWR's. To be fair, every failure I have seen around here on the lincoln 2 has been user error due to bad swrs and poorly tuned input on amps.

Quick story, I have a buddy who ran a 2510 for years in a slightly elevated swr condition with no issues. He wanted the upgrade and got the lincoln 2 and it lasted 3 months on the same setup then blew the mosfets.

I got my lincoln 2 for next to nothing on a trade because the end user was on his 2rd one and didn't want to wait for the warranty again. I have only had it operational for 2 days as of now. Im still taking the radio in so to say but I can say for my needs the NPC mod was a must.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated