• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Line sampler for spectrum analyzer

Crusher

May 12, 2007
Louisville, KY
Im looking at getting a spectrum analyzer. I know most will only take 100v max for input voltage. What I was wondering is what would be a good sampler to use that would attenuate / have enough db attenuation to drop voltage enough for say legal limit. Maybe a bit more. I want to experiment with LP and band pass filters. Any suggestions. Analyzer is going to be new to me. So this is a newbie question when it comes to this. Thanks for any input anyone has in advance.

DSA815-TG_Spectrum_Analyzers.jpg

Nnnnnnice; a spectrum analyzer. Still don't have one yet either. Are you looking at the Rigol? That would be my choice; the one with the optional signal generator. That would be the ultimate setup to test filters and ferrites, as well as a few other key tests at that price point.
Cool beans!

IIRC, the thing about the SA input is that the first thing you must know is to keep any DCv component out of the sample. Couple with a cap, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusher

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.