• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Linear repair

Okay that explains a lot. I admit I am somewhat naive when it comes down to reading scopes and understanding what is being presented.

Yeti,

What he's doing keying a radio into the amp & claiming its clean is a joke,

i doubt any of the custom cb amp builders have the equipment or knowhow to do two signal IMD tests,

The ones i have seen inside don't even build them right for stock voltage,
you end up with an amp sucking inefficient class C shitbox that pulls more current per watt than a properly built class AB amp,

it boggles my mind how people blindly follow the herd buying amps designed with load impedances more suited to running the amp close to breakdown voltage in keydowns,

adding biasing won't fix them, it removes the switching distortion so you don't get complaints on ssb & makes them even less efficient.

Yeti,

What he's doing keying a radio into the amp & claiming its clean is a joke,

i doubt any of the custom cb amp builders have the equipment or knowhow to do two signal IMD tests,

The ones i have seen inside don't even build them right for stock voltage,
you end up with an amp sucking inefficient class C shitbox that pulls more current per watt than a properly built class AB amp,

it boggles my mind how people blindly follow the herd buying amps designed with load impedances more suited to running the amp close to breakdown voltage in keydowns,

adding biasing won't fix them, it removes the switching distortion so you don't get complaints on ssb & makes them even less efficient.
i agree man..i actually had a extra two paragraphs about class c on my last post but removed them because i ramble alot and unlike other forums i am not here to piss people off (strange but true ;)) ..that was part of the reason for the pdf file link

just been looking at pics of a yet another "shop" that they posted of their analyzer/scope...another fail ...wish they would stop posting those pics its just dumbing the population down even more

ok going to fall off my soap box they just dont make them like they used to and i have paper work to do on the lastest creation

i agree man..i actually had a extra two paragraphs about class c on my last post but removed them because i ramble alot and unlike other forums i am not here to piss people off (strange but true ;)) ..that was part of the reason for the pdf file link

just been looking at pics of a yet another "shop" that they posted of their analyzer/scope...another fail ...wish they would stop posting those pics its just dumbing the population down even more

ok going to fall off my soap box they just dont make them like they used to and i have paper work to do on the lastest creation

Couldn't find a way to send a private message, I see your website has the optima mk3 in stock. If so I may be interested in one. Thanks

Thanks BBB , I agree it might have " Always " been like this I never used Max until the SSB cycle to talk outside the US went away but started using in on AM trying to make contacts . I have had it over 30 years and it wasn't new when I got it . I just don't use max and always use a 1/2 watt of input . I can live with it , Sirio 27-4 will be up shortly if I can get some help as I am mounting on my roof and I'm not suppose to be up there do to seizures but I manage to get up there once in a while when I have help and my wife is not around .lol

LoL. Gatekeeper is probably the last redneck I would let tweak on an amplifier.
I'm sure there's plenty of folks in this forum that will point you in the right direction.

Hey brother, You do understand that just because a person has a country accent that they are not a redkneck right? LOL you would probably be flat out amazed if you met me in person because you would find out that I am the total opposite of what you think a Redneck is.

You must not have checked out any of my repair videos from the last 2 to 3 years or so. I take time and do everything to the best of my ability and I hardly ever have to have a repair returned to me. I'm no where near the best but if you take time to check out some of my recent work I think you may find out that I have really grown and improved a lot as each year go by. This is a complete love of mine.

I promise you, I'm not a redkneck lol, a true redkeck is proud to be one. I'm just a young 35 year old, computer geek, rf amplifier nut that is crazy about this hobby we are in that lives in GA that has an accent like everyone else that was born and raised here. Don't judge a book by its cover always, sometimes you'll deceive your self. I know I have deceived my self in the past lol. God bless and please stop by my Channel and check out some of my latest work. You maybe suprised.

I'm starting to release some of my videos from the past year or so since I'm close to be caught up from my back log.

Oh sh__t! I feel a dumbcussion coming on. That 54 Mhz spike is the result of one of those stupid ass "Super Whack Pack" tune ups for the ghost watts. If you screw up the harmonic suppression for the ghost watts that is what you get. Garbage In=> Louder Garbage out.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
GIGO... basic, right? Or did I just have a syntax error on line 1 ?

You better get your meds for that dumbcussion, you’ll look jacked up with ya skull bandaged all up!

Well, Gatekeeper posted a few replies up, if I didn’t do my own, I wouldn’t hesitate to let him do any repair. And while I been playing on the BBi thing, I’d certainly let him build or repair one too. My personal opinion is either of them are great amp guys but opinions vary, especially here.

And I have to hand it to GK, he’s built some really pretty amps, inside and out. A certain orange amp comes to my mind...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.