• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

linear

i have a wilson 5000 is there a better one then that out there

A 1/4 wave stainless steel whip would be better. However, no one want to use that on the top of their roof, as it is nearly 9 ft long/102 inches. They also move around a lot; best used when parked.

The Wilson 5000 is a really fine mobile antenna.
The Predator 10K is also very popular too.

A 1/4 wave stainless steel whip would be better. However, no one want to use that on the top of their roof, as it is nearly 9 ft long/102 inches.

My 1/4 wave works real nice mounted on my rack, and it beats the crap out of every tree it see`s.
If you try to bumper mount one you would be better off with the MM on top of the car.
If you are a real dedicated radio nut you whip out the hole saw set and very carefully bore several holes to install a stainless steel ball mount.
do they even sell bumper mounts any more?

Jeff

i got my wilso mounted on my tool box on my truck and yea they still sell bumper mounts around here

Putting the antenna on the highest point of the vehicle - the roof - would be an upgrade. It will ensure a better radiation pattern than on the toolbox. Certainly MUCH better than a bumper mount; that is about the worst spot - IMO . . .

A 1/4 wave stainless steel whip would be better. However, no one want to use that on the top of their roof, as it is nearly 9 ft long/102 inches. They also move around a lot; best used when parked.

I have ran a 102 on top of a full size van using a mirror mount on the roof rack, on a light bar on a full size bronco and even on my minivan with a quad mag set up :D Looks funny for sure, but have talked A LOT of DX with NO amp!

Another thing, since it is on your toolbox, what kind of SWR do you have? Make sure that is good and like everyone else said, MAKE SURE you have a GOOD ground!

Just my .02

Honestly, NO reason to clip anything! Move the antenna up on the roof if it is a mag mount set up and you will see a noticeable difference. When you start clipping things, your audio goes from clean to dirty and then you have the possibility to start splattering everywhere. Then you have people complaining about your audio and you will start to get frustrated because you didn't meet your goal of a getting a "few" more watts and STILL sounding clean.

Again, Just my .02

Nobody is this dumb. This is the only option:

Trollface.png

i have 95% shelded coxa is that good or is there better
yes they do. however for a mobile install it would be way overkill.dont clip
in any ever. all that does is overmodulate your audio.sure it looks great
on a watt meter. put the watt meter doesnt tell ya if your audio is clean
watts or not.and it wont be hence the word audio limiter.your best bets now
is mount the wilson on the roof. or mount a 102 whip on the roof .for talking dx
while parked.and last would be to buy a texas star 667v 2x4 2879s .also
you say your radio is stock?send it to customcbradios.com or sparkys.com
have them give it a good tune up. tell them NO CLIPPING.

Diggen up Bones:LOL:

... by Randy Travis and actually pretty good.

Verse 1:
Last night I dug your picture out from our old dresser drawer
I set it on the table and I talked to it 'til four
I read some old love letters right up 'til the break of dawn
Yeah I've been sittin' alone diggin' up bones

Verse 2:

Then I went through the jewelery and I found our wedding rings
I put mine on my finger and I gave yours a fling
across this lonely bedroom of our recent broken home
Yeah tonightI'm sittin' alone diggin' up bones

Chorus:

I'm diggin' up bones,i'm diggin' up bones