• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Log Software?

KW4HKY

Feb 16, 2010
I'm using Hamsphere while waiting on my license, and their has to be an easier way to record contact info than a text or word file, I hope?

Is their any freeware out there? I'm going to need a good log book when I FINALLY get my rig finished and the license back. I tried google and found mostly contesting software.

Appreciate any help.

Ham Radio Deluxe has a built in log tool also. It's great if you have it hooked up to your rig, it already knows the frequency & mode..you just have to supply the callsign and signal report.

If you want a fairly simple log, try AClog3.0 I really like it. and it's simple to work with.
mike

For casual logging and rig control I think Ham Radio Deluxe is hard to beat. It is a feature rich program, and may look intimidating, but if you spend a little time with the manual you can figure it out pretty quickly.

The log book features include automatic call sign look up in QRZ so the contact name, address, etc. are automatically input for you. If you use Ham Radio Deluxe for rig control your contact frequency will automatically be logged as well.

There are too many features to discuss here. Give it a try. Download it here Ham Radio Deluxe > HRD v5

Someone mentioned N1MM. It is a great contesting program (I use it for contesting) but does not have many of the convenient logging options of Ham Radio Deluxe.

My two cents.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.