• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LOL. check out this email I recieved

Yeah pretty crummy phish there Mack.

Actually UPS and FedEx are using the Post Office to deliver some of their packages in the more rural areas. My wife works at the PO and we are in a rural county 70 miles away from the nearest metro big city area. It saves Brown and White a lot of time and gas carrying one box way out into the sticks somewhere.

Very poor phish, didn't hide the bogus originating email address. And the misspelled words.

Thing is I don't see what they were trying to get out of you besides a wasted trip to the post office ????

Some phishers are much better than this and we DO need to be on the lookout. I use ebay and paypal. I've received some darn good fake emails from scammers trying to get my personal information for either site.

If ebay, or more particularly, paypal, send you an email, they will call you by your Registered Name, AND a duplicate message will be in your ebay or paypal message box on those sites.

NEVER click on any links or take any actions on your EMAIL before going to ebay or paypal FIRST and making sure the same message is there also.

I've gotten some absolutely perfect looking fake emails where they addressed me by name and not something else like "Dear Ebay Member" or something.

Anytime you get a fake message for one of these two places. FORWARD them to either:
spoof@ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com

Good luck and beware
interview.gif

He did say there was an attachment, possibly a virus.

I occasionally get a UPS package from the post office but most of them come to my door in the brown truck as they make deliveries almost daily to the large hog operation next door

It could have been worse, it could have been an email with the subject "naked pictures of nancy pelosi" and not been a virus

i have this tard of a guy at work that looks at everything and im wanting to send it to his email

Oh man, I had two of those where I used to work. One, the general manager, used to have all kinds of personal crap sent to her work email. Friends would send pictures, jokes of the day etc. Despite being told countless times that it was company policy NOT to open attachments from someone you did not know she just clicked away on anything and everything. One day she paged for me to come to her office as one of my countless responsibilities was computer maintenance. She said "Look. This attachment won't open. What's wrong?" All the while she was telling me this she was repeatedly clicking on it to open it. I asked her who it was from and what it was supposed to be. "I have no idea" she said." At that point I reached behind her computer and yanked the network cable out of the back to prevent any further spreading of the virus via the network.I forget the name of the virus but I spent the rest of the afternoon getting rid of fifteen cases of it.

Not to be outdone however the sales manager,also a woman of little IQ, repeatedly tried to open an attachment from an email that contained no subject line or message body and the sender name was all just random characters like %%#%*)*&$#&. That one took all day and had thirty one infections. :headbang:censored:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.