• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lol

I never thought about doing this, because I never ran roller lifters. You'd have a hard time taping a socket 1500 beats a minute.

Hang your arm out the passenger window and start slapping the door in sync with the vehicle speed. You'd be surprised how long it can take some people to figure it out.

I never thought about doing this, because I never ran roller lifters. You'd have a hard time taping a socket 1500 beats a minute.

You have never heard a bad crank bearing then. It sounds like someone is hitting the crank with a hammer. A lifter would tap even slower as the cam runs at one half engine speed.

My brother in law had a new H2. I put a 3 foot ziptie on his driveshaft. Lol, he about crapped. My dad had these smoke bombs that whistled, smoked then went bang. Hooked to coil and ground. Lol, I miss those days. I still have his old muffler whistle. I haven't used it in a long time.

The zip tie trick is priceless on street queens.

Been there done that on a guys lifted Chevy.He was always bragging about his mechanic abilities and was pissed when he finally found out the problem. Everyone else thought it was funny.

You have never heard a bad crank bearing then. It sounds like someone is hitting the crank with a hammer. A lifter would tap even slower as the cam runs at one half engine speed.
A main bearing usually doesn't make much noise, but rods can make a good racket. One would never idle a first startup with a flat tappet cam, you would go straight to 2k-3k to break in the cam. To sound like an internal issue, you would have to tap that socket 1k to 3k a minute. If you had a roller cam and allowed it to idle, I could see this working.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.