• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Long wire antenna for cb?

If that is true, then something is wrong with the way you did your Doublet. The Doublet if correctly done should have much greater "capture area" than the CB antenna on most shortwave bands.
That's what I thought too. I was kind of disappointed when it didn't get better being hooked up wrong will do it.thanks for all the help

carbon fiber

Carbon fiber does conduct electricity. It is not as good of a conductor as most metals, but if you build a structure with it, you will find that its electrical conduction can easily contribute to galvanic corrosion, by electrically connecting dissimilar metals. Or wet environment galvanic current carrying.
Carbon fiber is NOT an insulator!

I switched to coax and pl259

parallel-cox-to-ladder-line-158x300.png
solder shields together and uses centers to come thru and connect to screw terminals

http://www.vintagemanuals.com/manual/Lafayette/HE-80

We use only high-quality bond paper and reproduce as near to the original as possible up to 11 x 17 fold-out pages. In many cases, these are more readable than the originals because they are not paper worn, "bent, spindled or mutilated".

• All of our manuals are comb-bound to lay flat and fold-out as needed. We print on two sides if the original was two-sided and extra copies of schematic pages are included with Service Manuals.
I will buy as soon as funds become available,thank you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated